Belcan is a leading provider of professional IT, Engineering, Workforce Solutions and staffing in the United States, Canada, UK, Europe and India.
An ICESat2 Mission Operations Lead Job in Dulles, VA is currently available through Belcan. In this role you will Lead a diverse team of engineers/operators. Duration: 3 Months, potential to convert to a permanent position.
If you are interested in this role, Apply Today!
- Provides support to end users on a variety of issues.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
- Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
- Documents, tracks and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- May require an associate’s degree in a related area and 0-3 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
ICESat2 Mission Operations Lead (temporary labor with intent to offer a full-time position)
This position is for a full-time senior-level technical and management role in Dulles, VA. The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Lead a diverse team of engineers/operators
- Provide mission operations support to the ICESat2 Satellite program.
- Support system maintenance activities such as procedure updates, architecture upkeep, and formal program milestones.
- Work with systems engineers to conduct anomaly review board investigations as necessary.
- Conduct testing using simulators and resolve discrepancies.
- Develop and test command procedures, telemetry pages, and other products derived from vendor provided documentation
- Support operations readiness activities including configuration control board and other customer meetings
- Support operations, including shift work
- Monitor vehicle state of health across all subsystems and perform short and long-term telemetry trending.
- Track space vehicle configuration, to include both hardware, software, and configurable item parameters.
- Make modifications to existing operations procedures to incorporate lessons learned from in-flight performance. Develop new procedures as required.
- Provide status reporting through both the functional and program reporting branches.
- Maintain standards associated with the established Integrated/Developmental Operations functional group processes.
- Provide mentoring, guidance and manage tasks for the operations team.
- Support internal and external customer meetings through proficient verbal and documented (MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel) communications.
- May require travel ~ 10% of the time for support of customer or backup mission operations center.
Basic Qualifications (Principal):
- Bachelor”s Degree in engineering or related discipline and 5 years” experience; 3 years with Masters; or PhD
- Ability to work within, task, and manage a group of diversified individuals with varying backgrounds to achieve mission success.
- Prior experience conducting on-orbit mission operations and resolving satellite and ground system anomalies.
- Experience writing technical documents for external customers
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills, including ability to make persuasive presentations to external customers at milestone reviews
- Experience working with mission operations and customer organizations of NASA Goddard Customer
- Experience with ICESat2 or the LEOStar Bus
- Experience working on government systems and/or government process environment
- Experience with at least one S/C Subsystem (ADCS, CDH, COMM, EPDS, Thermal, FSW).
- Prior experience with ITOS ground control software
- Experience with MAESTRO command and control software
Client is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement,