Engineering Better Outcomes
We are seeking a talented Senior Engineering professional with expertise in FPGA programming and Electrical/HW engineering to join our exciting team with focus on Avionics Systems and Defense Products. This position is currently available at Belcan in Platteville, WI or Cedar Rapids, IA. This is a direct, full-time position with benefits. To be considered for this role, you will need a Bachelor of Science degree in the engineering field, and a minimum of 8 years of experience within the aerospace industry, specifically with avionics experience or other highly regulated industry experience.
Candidates will be involved in leading and providing oversight for various engineering tasks including:
- Program requirements decomposition, analysis, definition, and traceability
- Program requirements verification (acceptance test plans, test reports, analysis reports, inspection reports) and validation for Avionic Certification
- Lead FPGA programming/development in Verilog/VHDL/System Verilog
- Assist in electrical design and development, PCB Design and layout, wiring/harnesses, performance, risk, safety, operation and design reviews
- Electrical Hardware in loop test, EMI/EMC standards
- Development of engineering processes & policies
- Candidates are expected to mentor younger engineers, help grow teams, coordinate new business with customers, assist in aligning manpower resources to accomplish key objectives, and report status to technical leads and project managers
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical engineering, computer engineering, or related engineering degree from an accredited institution.
- 8+ years focused FPGA development or Electrical/Hardware development/integration experience – preferably with aerospace software/systems, power systems, or complicated technical systems.
- Required experience in FPGA development, Verilog/VHDL/System Verilog
- Regulatory experience preferred: Aerospace, Automotive, DO-254, DO-160, Mil 704, 461, 464
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, to be adaptable, to work across multi-discipline teams, and to drive results
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required