Open Cosmos is revolutionizing the way space technology is used and is at the forefront of the emerging new space industry. Our mission is to make space accessible to anyone, to help solve the world’s biggest challenges. We do this by providing simple and affordable space missions, using nanosatellite technology, providing end to end space missions for customers around the world (private and institutional). We work with some of the biggest names in the industry, including the European Space Agency (ESA), but also with small and innovative high-tech companies, together developing the space technology and applications of the future.
Based at one of the world’s leading space campuses in Harwell, Oxfordshire with an office in Toulouse, we are a young and ambitious team with the drive to define a greater future for this planet and the people living on it; therefore, when our minds come together to fulfill our mission to democratise the space we are happy to be part of something that is more than the best of each of ourselves.
Description of the Position
You will be joining Open Cosmos Programmes team in Toulouse, France and you will be responsible for the management of bids and relationships needed to develop space missions for future projects. Basic knowledge of either Earth Observation or Telecommunications payloads is required.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support the identification of funding opportunities in France and the UK
- Lead and define proposals for commercial and institutional space missions and R&D projects. That includes:
- Translating customer requests coming from the commercial team into space mission requirements
- Iterating with customers on the technical drivers of their needs and requirements
- Defining a space mission architecture: space, ground, launch segment, and regulatory segment. In the case of the space segment, identify the payload type and associated partner
- Leading, coordinate and write full proposals with support from the technical, supply chain and commercial teams: technical definition, cost definition
- Support the development of tools and database to automotise the bid process
Skills, attitude and experience
- Engineering background in space
- Proven experience in space mission analysis
- Strong experience in excel
- Ability to communicate to technical and non-technical audience
- Being able to tackle commercial, technical and programmatic constraints
- Autonomous and challenge-driven
- Proactive and resourceful
- Strongly motivated and ability to communicate it
Nice to have
- Coding skills in Java script, VBA, Matlab
- Mission analysis through STK, Savoir or other tools
- Satellite design
- Project management
- Bid management
- Negotiation with partners
You will enjoy
- Working with a team of people to build the future of a new space industry
- 25 days holidays + 8 bank holidays
- Attractive Pension Scheme & Immediate enrolment
- Healthy snacks and pick’n’mix sweets at the office
- Social clubs organised by the team – so far we’ve got Run Club, Paella Club, ice-skating Club and Thirsty Club – suggest something new?
- Remote working as per company policy
- Working from home as per company policy
- Annual Salary Review
To apply, please include your CV, Cover Letter (max ½ page) and any relevant links to LinkedIn and your work (eg. GitHub, C++, <iostream>).
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.