Defining the Category of Real-Time Geospatial Intelligence
BlackSky is a geospatial intelligence solutions provider that enables organizations to task, collect, and transform data from earth observation, global sensor networks, mobile devices, and social media to deliver on-demand insights about places, events, and assets that are critical to their operations. Blacksky provides satellite collection, data, and cloud based -processing and analytic solutions to organizations that are capitalizing on the exponential growth of a wide range of sensor and collection platforms for delivering the next generation of GEOINT and location intelligence solutions. BlackSky has extensive expertise and capabilities in commercial remote sensing, multi-source analytics, cloud computing, open-source software development, Amazon Web Services, and big data geospatial analytics. BlackSky provides solutions to commercial and government organizations with relevant programs with the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency (NGA), US. Army, and U.S. Air Force Research Labs.
As the Manager of US Commercial Channel Sales Partners, you will report to the Vice President of U.S. Commercial and Federal Civilian Business Development and Sales. We are seeking a driven individual to join our business development team with a focus on Channel and Partner Programs, specific to commercial partner. While the locations listed in the job posting are ideal, we would love candidates near either our Herndon, VA or Seattle, WA offices. We may also consider remote candidates in certain states.
- Simultaneously manage commercial sales pursuits and capture of new programs or product sales through indirect sales channels and partners to achieve set quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Work with internal division technology leaders and key internal stakeholders in the division on sales opportunities setting sales strategy, tactics, proposals, and negotiations for new product solutions as well as coordinating qualified new business capture and sales with commercial customers through indirect channels to market.
- Identify and vet potential partners that support various identified commercial market segments, verticals and end user customers.
- Lead sales capture efforts for advanced programs and new technical solutions for the customer that align to the business growth strategies of the division.
- Lead penetration strategies to gain additional sales with all OEM, tech companies and commercial customers by facilitating contacts to achieve sales objectives.
- Create and sustain classified communications pursuits for BlackSky, working with existing BD, Account Management and Program Management Staff.
- Provide quarterly forecasts to management, and monthly forecasts within the current quarter.
- Responsible for market growth and expansion and recruiting the necessary talent to cover the territory.
- Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience.
- At least five (5) years of experience working with and selling geospatial products and services into channel partners, large tech companies and OEM partners.
- At least five (5) years of experience in the geospatial, ISR, or analytics industry.
- Full-cycle direct business development experience with a concentration in technical and/or commercial sales (this does not include sales support, account management, program management or engineering experience).
- Previous experience with Zendesk, Salesforce, or another similar CRM.
- Exceptional negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and perform top quality presentations.
- Strong organizational skills as a good time manager and effective multi-tasker.
- Superior complex problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Master’s Degree in engineering/technology field or MBA.
- Experience in commercial remote sensing and earth observation industries to include sensors, communications, processing and production.
- Experience selling to commercial companies, OEM companies, and large technology companies.
Life at BlackSky for full-time benefits-eligible employees includes:
- BlackSky pays 100% of employee-only premiums for medical, dental, and vision, plus contributes $100/month for out-of-pocket expenses.
- Total of 5 weeks of paid leave including PTO, holidays, volunteerism leave, and our shutdown between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
- 401(k) pre-tax and Roth deferral options with employer match.
- Professional development budgets.
- Mac or PC? Your choice!
- Awesome space swag.
The anticipated salary range for candidates in Seattle, WA is $120,000 -$140,000 per year. The final compensation package offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on specific background and education. BlackSky is a multi-state employer, and this pay scale may not reflect salary ranges in other states or locations outside of Seattle, WA.
BlackSky is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
EEO/AAP/ Pay Transparency Statements: