BlackSky is a geospatial intelligence solutions provider that enables various organizations from different fields to task, collect, and transform data from earth observation, global sensor networks, mobile devices, and social media. Through our services we are enabling timely and affordable access to space while redefining how we observe our changing world. This innovative geospatial intelligence services provide the insights that transform how we view ourselves and the planet on which we live. We deliver on-demand insights about places, events, and assets that are critical to their operations. In addition, BlackSky provides satellite collection, data, and cloud based processing and analytic solutions to organizations that are capitalizing on the exponential growth or a wide range of sensor and collection platforms for delivering the next generation of GEOINT and location intelligence solutions. We proudly provide solutions to commercial and government organizations with relevant programs.
BlackSky combines a big-data platform, a constellation of high-resolution imaging satellites, and a network of globally distributed ground stations to provide near real-time data on an ever-changing world. BlackSky has extensive expertise and capabilities in commercial remote sensing, image processing, multi-source analytics, cloud computing, RF communication, and aerospace engineering. BlackSky’s vertical integration enables organizations to task, collect, and transform data from earth observation, global sensor networks, and social media to unlock on-demand insights about the places and events that will shape history.
Like our constellation of imaging satellites, our business is rapidly expanding. We are looking for an experience and creative Image Processing Engineer to join our Imaging Department. The Imaging Department is a hybrid hardware-software group dedicated to the performance of BlackSky’s imagery product and its on-orbit imaging systems. As an Image Processing Engineer, you will directly contribute to the image processing pipeline that transforms raw pixels into imagery products.
- Develop the algorithms and tools to process raw pixel values into imagery products.
- Build the infrastructure to process thousands of images per day.
- Maintain those algorithms and tools throughout their operational life cycle, particularly in commercial operations.
- Collaborate across the organization to improve our concepts of imaging operations, inform new sensor and satellite designs, and define new imagery products and capabilities.
- Ph. D., M. S., B. S., or B. A. in Astronomy, Physics, Computer Science or related engineering fields
- 5+ years developing image processing or computer vision algorithms
- 5+ years developing software in Python
- 3+ years working with an operational imaging system
- A strong mathematical base in algorithm development, numerics, data processing, and uncertainty propagation
- A personality that enjoys working in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- Motivation to self-teach and the ability to thrive on challenging problems
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Must be a U.S. Person (U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder)
- Experience developing image-processing and analysis pipelines
- Previous experience working with CCD and CMOS sensors
- Experience working with reflective and/or refractive telescopes
- Experience in processing satellite or astronomical imagery
- Experience participating in an enterprise software development environment
Spaceflight Industries is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.