Blue Canyon Technologies (BCT) is leading the way in the New Space revolution! Our state-of-the-art systems are currently on missions from low Earth orbit to the Moon, near-earth asteroids, and to Mars. We create high-reliability spacecraft with significantly greater performance, much smaller size, and at a fraction of the cost of traditional space systems. We are involved in a wide range of projects for academic, commercial, and government applications. Join our innovative and dynamic company, as we build the small spacecraft of the future.
The Vibration Facilities Manager will work on many projects at the same time, build and manage diverse teams of engineers from different disciplines, formulate and execute strategies, and coordinate with other managers. Your responsibilities will include overseeing the processes of performing vibration, pyro, shock, modal, and acoustic testing for state-of-the-art aerospace products. You will be responsible for interfacing with customers, providing leadership to lab personnel, performing tests, capturing, and analyzing data, to ensure customer requirements are met. Strong customer interface and leadership skills will be required.
- 100% company paid health, dental and vision benefits for you and your dependents effective the first of the month following hire date
- Life insurance
- 401k (matching 4% with a minimum 5% contribution)
- Generous PTO (3 weeks of vacation + 3 floating holidays, 2 weeks of sick time, 7 paid holidays throughout the year) and parental leave
- Break rooms stocked with snacks and drinks
- Oversee tests and test engineering services for state-of-the-art aerospace products, review program test plans and requirements, to ensure facility and equipment capabilities meet program needs.
- Engage programs early to help plan test activities to ensure success.
- Work with a team of Test Engineers, Design Engineers, Structural Engineers, Hardware Quality Engineers, Inspectors, and Technicians.
- Develop test engineering documentation (e.g., plans, procedures, and reports) and present test results to internal and external customers.
- Create a long-term vision, drive process improvement initiatives and capital programs to build and maintain a world-class test facility.
- Develop and manage department metrics.
- Maintain and update required records and reports.
- Review and accurately interpret schematics, drawings, specifications, and procedures for completeness and compliance to test requirements.
- Proactively work with internal customers to understand test requirements.
- Define new equipment needs, forward vision, and plan development.
- Ensure the testability of hardware designs and procedures.
- Follow standard procedures, applies knowledge and skills to current, routine tasks.
- Recognized as an expert in their field. Promote the development of a strong team by participation in key aspects of the project and mentoring more junior team members.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to direct reports.
- Responsible for performance reviews and timesheet approval of direct reports.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Experience with Structural Analysis, Structural Dynamic / Vibration Testing.
- Knowledge in the use and limitations of vibration exciters, vibration instrumentation, data acquisition systems, force transducers, and accelerometers.
- Software evaluation skills and a strong working knowledge of Spectral Dynamics control SW, IDEAS, and MATLAB.
- Experience in managing people at all levels.
- Proven leadership and program execution skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Makes presentations and may lead group discussions.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Ability to manage department cost, budget, and schedule constraints.
- Must be able to work cross-organizationally with process shareholders.
This job operates in a professional office environment but in a manufacturing company. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, filing cabinets, and fax machines. This job operates in a professional laboratory environment in a manufacturing company. This role uses standard laboratory and manufacturing equipment such as computers, electronics test equipment, and associated office equipment. This job operates in a professional laboratory environment in a manufacturing company. This role uses standard laboratory and manufacturing equipment such as, microscopes, and various hand-held tools.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to stand, bend, reach, and walk. The position requires some light physical effort. This would require the ability to lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required by this job which include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Blue Canyon Technologies is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected factor. Blue Canyon Technologies is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact us.