The Premier Dedicated Small Satellite Launch Service
Blue Canyon Technologies is a leading provider of turnkey small satellite solutions, including nanosatellites, microsatellites, and ESPA-class. We specialize in precision pointing platforms based upon our high-performance attitude determination and control components. BCT’s highly experienced staff has developed low-cost, flight-proven, high-performance, high-reliability spacecraft systems and components that enable a wide range of missions for academic, commercial, and government applications. Our state-of-the-art spacecraft and subsystems are supporting LEO, GEO, Lunar, and interplanetary missions.
Blue Canyon Technologies is looking for a Mission Success Engineer II to join our team. The Mission Success Engineer II reports to the Director of Mission Success and works in concert with program management team members.
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your dependents effective the first of the month following the hire date
- Life insurance
- 401k (Matching 4% with a 5% contribution)
- Generous PTO (3 weeks of vacation + 3 floating holidays, 2 weeks of sick time, 7 paid holidays throughout the year) and parental leave
- Break rooms stocked with snacks, drinks, espresso machines, and ping pong tables
- Participate in Material Review Board and Failure Review Board activities as required.
- Develops reliability analyses as needed to support program deliverables and analysis.
- Active participation in design, production/test readiness, and other reviews and audits with the ability to make risk-informed decisions for Mission Success.
- Provides leadership in the identification, mitigation, and communication of Mission Assurance status and Risks to Mission Success.
- Experience in Design/Test Readiness/Manufacturing Readiness Reviews.
- Understand and mitigate risks associated with radiation effects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 8 years experience in a key Mission Success role during the PDR/CDR phase of a program.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a technical discipline (e.g., engineering field) or equivalent discipline (e.g., math, physics, chemistry, etc.)
- Experience in any of the following disciplines: Quality Assurance, System Safety Engineering, Environment/Safety/Health, Reliability, Parts Engineering, and Materials and Processes.
- Knowledge of Quality Systems and Processes.
This job operates in a professional office environment but in a manufacturing company. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time, use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, bend, reach, and walk. The position requires some light physical effort. This would require the ability to lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required by this job which includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
All employees of BCT possessing or attempting to gain government clearance will be required to successfully pass a drug test.
Blue Canyon Technologies is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected factor. Blue Canyon Technologies is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact us.