Enabling Space Missions to Expand the Frontiers of Science
Blue Canyon Technologies (BCT) is leading the way in the New Space revolution! Our state-of-the-art systems are currently on missions from low Earth orbit to the Moon, near-earth asteroids, and to Mars. We create high-reliability spacecraft with significantly greater performance, much smaller size, and at a fraction of the cost of traditional space systems. We are involved in a wide range of projects for academic, commercial, and government applications. Join our innovative and dynamic company, as we build the small spacecraft of the future. Blue Canyon Technologies is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Components Systems Engineer II to join our growing team. Well qualified applicants will be motivated and invested in company success.
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your dependents effective the first of the month following the hire date
- Life insurance
- 401k (Matching 4% with a minimum 5% contribution)
- Generous PTO (3 weeks of vacation + 3 floating holidays, 2 weeks of sick time, 7 paid holidays throughout the year) and parental leave
- Break rooms stocked with snacks and drinks
Position Purpose: The Components Systems Engineer II will be working in a team environment, with frequent opportunities for customer engagement, new business development, concept design, customer solutions, system analysis, and detailed design, analysis, integration, and test, plus on-orbit support.
- Develop and maintain technical budgets for product line performance.
- Develop and manage requirements and verification techniques.
- Develop simulations and perform analysis across product line functions.
- Develop test methods and plans for new developments.
- Develop, in collaboration with team members, interface specifications, CONOPS definition, and other design and customer-facing documents.
- Assist with customer meetings and facilitate technical exchanges with customers.
- Assist with proposals and facilitate technical exchanges with the engineering team.
- Assist with program management and product management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, Engineering, System, or Computer science discipline
- Experience with all phases of the aerospace engineering life-cycle (business development, customer solutions, requirements flow-down, manufacturing, integration and test, and on-orbit support)
- Demonstrated responsibility for Space hardware missions for Commercial, Defense, Restricted, or NASA satellites
- System design experience, balancing performance, cost, power, emerging technologies, etc.
- Ability to perform trade studies and parametric analyses
- Evaluation of existing and emerging technologies
- Ability to develop procurement documents (specification, SOW) and manage subcontracts
- Ability to conceive and develop configurable products across a diverse set of customer needs
- Ability to establish innovative, balanced technical and cost solutions
- Work closely with customers to help define their needs and provide competitive solutions
- Develop winning competitive solutions for the customer
- Execute flight programs that meet technical and cost obligations
- Work closely with other contractors/teammates in meeting customer and business needs
- Collaborate closely with other Technical program leads and diverse domain expertise
- Allocate driving requirements (both cost and technical)
- Allocate key trades (both cost and technical)
- Ensure all business is conducted using the highest ethical standards and in compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations as well as company policies and directives
- Good documentation and communication skills
- Experience as a Spacecraft Systems Engineer or subsystem engineer
- Strong systems engineering and technical management skills and demonstrated ability to grow new business opportunities and execute demanding flight programs
- Ability to work rapidly with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large engineering teams
- Previous experience and skills in project definition, simulation, implementation, lab integration, and test
- Must be able to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment with emphasis on rapid prototyping and fielding of capabilities
This job operates in a professional office environment but in a manufacturing company. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, filing cabinets, and fax machines. This job operates in a professional laboratory environment in a manufacturing company. This role uses standard laboratory and manufacturing equipment such as computers, electronics test equipment, and associated office equipment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to stand, bend, reach, and walk. The position requires some light physical effort. This would require the ability to lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required by this job which includes close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Blue Canyon Technologies is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected factor. Blue Canyon Technologies is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact us.