Blue Canyon Technologies is a leading provider of turnkey small satellite solutions, including nanosatellites, microsatellites, and ESPA-class. We specialize in precision pointing platforms based upon our high-performance attitude determination and control components. BCT’s highly experienced staff has developed low cost, flight-proven, high-performance, high-reliability spacecraft systems and components that enable a wide range of missions for academic, commercial, and government applications. Our state-of-the-art spacecraft and subsystems are supporting LEO, GEO, Lunar, and interplanetary missions.
Blue Canyon Technologies is looking for a Components Systems Engineer to join our team supporting the attitude control systems (XACT & FleXcore), star trackers, and reaction wheel product lines. This engineer will be working in a team environment, with frequent opportunities for customer engagement, new business development, product area development, system analysis, and detailed design, analysis, integration and test, plus orbit operations.
Salary: commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Experience with all phases of the program life-cycle (business development, mission formulation, requirements flow-down, manufacturing, integration and test, and on-orbit operations)
- Demonstrated responsibility for Space hardware missions for Commercial, Defense, Restricted, or NASA satellites.
- System design experience, balancing performance, cost, power, emerging technologies, etc.
- Ability to perform trade studies and parametric analyses
- Evaluation of existing and emerging technologies
- Ability to develop procurement documents (specification, SOW) and manage subcontracts
- Ability to conceive and develop configurable products across a diverse set of customer needs
- Ability to establish innovative, balanced technical and cost solutions
- Work closely with customer to help define their needs and provide competitive solutions
- Develop winning competitive solutions for the customer
- Execute flight programs that meet technical and cost obligations for the customer
- Work closely with other contractors/teammates in meeting customer needs
- Collaborate closely with other Technical program leads and diverse domain expertise
- Allocate driving requirements (both cost and technical)
- Allocate key trades (both cost and technical)
- Ensure all business is conducted using the highest ethical standards and in compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations as well as company policies and directives
- Good documentation and communication skills
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Experience with spacecraft star trackers, reaction wheels, or attitude control systems
- Familiarity with the aerospace reaction wheel, star tracker, or overall component market
- Experience as a spacecraft systems engineer or subsystem engineer or GNC engineer
- Strong systems engineering and technical management skills and demonstrated ability to grow new business opportunities and execute demanding flight programs
- Ability to work rapidly with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large engineering teams
- Previous experience and skills in project definition, simulation, implementation, lab integration and test
- Must be able to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment with emphasis in rapid prototyping and fielding of capabilities
- Existing or recent TS/SCI
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, Engineering, System, or Computer science discipline
- Experience – At least 2 years of relevant experience
This job operates in a professional office environment, but in a manufacturing company. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time, use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, bend, reach, and walk. The position requires some light physical effort. This would require the ability to lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required by this job which includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
*All employees of BCT possessing or attempting to gain government clearance will be required to successfully pass a drug test.
Blue Canyon Technologies is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other protected factor. Blue Canyon Technologies is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.