Blue Canyon Technologies (BCT) is leading the way in the New Space revolution! Our state-of-the-art systems are currently on missions from low Earth orbit to the Moon, near earth asteroids, and to Mars. We create high-reliability spacecraft with significantly greater performance, much smaller size and at a fraction of the cost of traditional space systems. We are involved in a wide range of projects for academic, commercial, and government applications. Join our innovative and dynamic company, as we build the small spacecraft of the future.
In this position, you will work on the design, development, management, testing, and deployment of structures, mechanisms, and electrical assemblies for small spacecraft from CubeSat-size to ESPA- class size and larger. This job involves extensive SolidWorks design and documentation, including creation of detailed fabrication drawings using GD+T, assembly drawings, BOM’s, and creation of work instructions. This job will include original design work, and some updates and maintenance to existing designs. The position requires use of analysis tools, like ANSYS or NASTRAN. Other engineering responsibilities will be assigned as required by the project.
Minimum Candidate Requirements:
- 5 years of relevant experience working in mechanical packaging or structural design of space structures and/or mechanisms
- Extensive experience using SolidWorks
- Knowledge of machine shop manufacturing processes
- Experience designing precision machined parts
- Experience with part tolerancing using GD+T.
- Analysis experience performing FEA, using either ANSYS
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision-making skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively on a team.
- Proven technical leadership skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, small company environment, with appropriate consideration of schedules, quality, and cost.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team leadership skills
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering or related field is required.
Preferred Candidate Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience designing aerospace structures, or packaging aerospace condonements to the meet various environmental requirements of space missions (LEO/GTO/GEO orbits, launch environments, etc.)
This job operates in a professional office environment, but in a manufacturing company. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, filling cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time, use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, bend, reach, and walk. The position requires some light physical effort. This would require the ability to lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required by this job which includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Blue Canyon Technologies is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other protected factor. Blue Canyon Technologies is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.