Blue Origin was founded with a vision to enable a future where millions of people are living and working in space to benefit Earth. In order to preserve Earth, Blue Origin believes in the need to enable humanity to expand, explore, find new energy and material resources, and move industries that stress Earth into space. Blue Origin believes it has an important role in building a road to space and lowering the cost of getting there. At Blue Origin, we’re working on this today by developing fully reusable launch vehicles and systems that are safe, reliable and affordable. Every launch vehicle is designed for human spaceflight from the beginning and able to ferry payloads to space.
As part of a large, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for financial and operational results for the Huntsville, AL, Engines Manufacturing facility. This includes leading skilled, interdisciplinary team, responsible for the production of liquid rocket engines and subassemblies for use by internal and external customers. This is a hands-on position that requires the ability to communicate the vision, strategy and tactical application of cost effective strategies and key deliverables. You will report directly to the Vice President of Integrated Supply Chain. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Lead and direct initiates and strategies that deliver cost effective, high quality, operational performance that produces the development and flight engines of launch systems for human spaceflight.
- Propagate key operational learnings and best practices to support improvement across the Blue enterprise.
- Champion the overall production for existing and new programs while growing and developing your team at all levels.
- Analyzing processes and operations at the micro and macro levels followed by implementing high impact improvements for safety, cost savings, and other means to accelerate progress.
- Oversee the development and implementation of a data driven systems for scheduling, planning, reporting through dashboards and metrics.
- Leverage Blue Origin’s Leadership Principles to cultivate a trusting, learning culture of leaders through continuous feedback, coaching and robust development opportunities.
- Passion for our Mission: Millions of people living and working in space!
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience with emphasis in Operation Management or Manufacturing Engineering and progressive responsibility increases.
- 10 years of manufacturing leadership experience.
- Experience leading, managing and growing a diverse team on fast-paced projects.
- Understands how to create and manage work cell standard work and track deviation from that standard work.
- Experience managing capital improvements and layout.
- Demonstrated experience leading organizations through large-scale change management initiatives that influence culture, define tools & processes and improve competencies.
- Highly effective and professional verbal and written communication skills with team, internal customers and suppliers that includes a strong focus on teamwork and internal/external customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally within a geographically disperse organization.
- An attitude of world-class mission assurance, quality, attention to detail, and dedication.
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- 20+ years experience in manufacturing experience in aerospace or a closely related industry, such as launch vehicles, aircraft, helicopters, automotive, excavation, mining, energy, or shipbuilding.
- Masters degree in engineering, operation, or business is a plus.
- Strong knowledge and applied experiences in Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma and Toyota Production System.
- Experience with ERP systems in a manufacturing environment and knowledge of materials management theories, processes and practices.
- Knowledge of fabrication processes, integration processes, systems engineering practices, test, quality and configuration management systems.
- Experience with Manufacturing Execution System and Product Lifecycle Manufacturing systems a plus.
To conform to U.S. Government commercial space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3), applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, lawfully admitted for permanent residence into the U.S. (i.e. current green card holder), or lawfully admitted as a refugee or granted asylum under 8 U.S.C. § 1157-1158. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Blue Origin is committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment and advancement of minorities, women, protected veterans, and persons with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and federal executive orders. Applicants who wish to view the available portion of Blue Origin’s Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us at EEOCompliance@blueorigin.com.