Blue Origin was founded with a vision to enable a future where millions of people are living and working in space to benefit Earth.
We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
As part of a diverse and hardworking team of specialists, we work closely with engineering design and support the efforts vital to building flight hardware. As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will translate engineering intent, drawings, and configurations into fully functional hardware ready for test, qualification, and flight. Throughout the manufacturing process, you will also identify, develop, and deploy methods to improve quality, reduce cost, and optimize build sequence and schedules.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Develop new advanced rocket manufacturing processes
- Define how to prepare hardware for test, qualification, and flight
- Identify, develop, and deploy new manufacturing methods (or refine existing) to improve quality, reduce cost, and optimize build schedule
- Conduct DFMA and PFMEA studies to strengthen the feedback loop between design, build, and test
- Develop manufacturing work instructions to clearly define the following manufacturing process: receiving inspection, fabrication, assembly, test, integration, and refurbishment
- Closely manage cost, quality, build sequence, and schedule of hardware throughout the entire manufacturing process
- Perform engineering drawing review and provide final approval for manufacturing
- Develop process control measures and evaluation through statistical analysis
- Define and support repair and rework activities
- Design, procure, install, and integrate custom manufacturing equipment
- Interface with external suppliers and manufacturing partners to ensure that hardware and equipment is manufactured, processed, packaged, and delivered properly, on time, and on budget
- Perform capacity analysis and evaluate staffing requirements
- Perform root cause analyses when non-conformances and escapes are identified and deploy corrective actions
- Design proper material handling and packaging to protect hardware throughout the build and test process
- Manage hardware configuration and maintain pedigree throughout the entire build and test process
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
- Passion for our mission: Millions of people living and working in space!
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Aerospace Engineering (other relevant fields may apply) from an accredited university (Master of Science preferred)
- 5+ years of direct manufacturing and manufacturing engineering experience (after graduation)
- Proven experience and successful track record developing/starting new manufacturing processes
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to an environment of inclusion.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Washington Fair Chance Act, Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws.
Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Applicants wishing to receive information on Blue Origin’s Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us at EEOCompliance@blueorigin.com.
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability and 401(k) with up to 5% company match.
Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 14 holidays