Millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
As part of a diverse and hardworking team of engineers, you will be responsible for design, development, and/or production support for a variety of combustion devices (injectors, chambers, nozzles, thrusters, igniters, and related components) for various rocket engines and spaceflight systems. This may include responsibilities from initial requirements through flight qualification including design, manufacturing, test support, performing test data reviews, processing non-conforming hardware and writing technical reports. This role reports directly to a Combustion Devices Manager within the Engines business unit.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
- B.S. degree in engineering discipline (aerospace, mechanical, chemical or physics desired)
- 2+ years of professional engineering experience with combustion devices (injectors, chambers, nozzles, thrusters, igniters, and related components)
- Knowledge of fluid mechanics, heat transfer and structural mechanics
- Familiarity with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Familiarity with data analysis and data processing
- Computer aided design (CAD) experience
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Advanced degree in engineering discipline
- Experience with Creo (Pro/E) Wildfire 5 or greater, Windchill 10
- Strong technical experience in propulsion, fluids, thermodynamics, and combustion analysis
- Strong knowledge of combustion devices design process and hardware fabrication techniques
- Manufacturing trending, process mapping/optimization experience
- Knowledge of combustion devices life cycle from design, development, qualification, acceptance, and production