Blue Origin was founded with a vision to enable a future where millions of people are living and working in space to benefit Earth.
As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of HR professionals, you will use your full spectrum HR experience to influence success within your business teams and across Blue Origin. You’ll be creating, scaling, and executing company-wide HR programs and practices, and partnering with key stakeholders to advance complex people, organizational, cultural, and leadership objectives. This role will require both strategic thinking and a tenacious drive for results through individual execution in our Merritt Island, FL location.
You’re the ideal candidate
If you’re an experienced Senior HR Business Partner, who can comfortably and knowledgeably navigate the spectrum of HR domains. You’re an influential leader with a bias for action, and passion for results. You’re an autonomous problem solver that can think at scale. You’re an optimistic, can-do-go-getter. You will thrive in a collaborative, extremely fast-paced environment and rapidly growing business. You will be able to identify opportunities and challenges, form solutions, and independently execute through completion. You will quickly and effortlessly earn trust, credibility, and respect.
We’re focused on:
- Operationalizing diversity and inclusion in everything we do
- Establishing and embedding fit-for-purpose core processes to optimize our employees’ experience
- Developing our employees
- Change management
Primary job duties & responsibilities
In partnership with the HRBP Team director, peers, senior leaders, managers, employees and HR COEs, the core responsibilities include:
- Provide progressive, forward thinking in the areas of performance management, workforce planning, compensation, employee engagement, organizational design, talent management, and organizational change in alignment with organizational objectives.
- Provide counsel and guidance to Blue leaders (front line to executive) management on complex employee relations issues and ensure compliance with company policies and applicable laws.
- Develop strong relationships with Operations leadership and HR partners by connecting frequently to learn their needs, concerns and insights.
- Demonstrate strong business acumen and understanding of key business priorities facing the organization. Where possible, engage with frontline employees to understand challenges, perspectives, and potential impact of decisions.
- Support HR and business leaders in driving people strategies aligned to the business unit goals and objectives.
- Leverage relevant data, analytic aptitude, HR acumen and other tools to influence action, support decision making and root cause assessments.
- Partner closely with all members of the Human Resource to broker specialized COE expertise in support of enterprise and HR initiatives.
- Consistently exercising independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Ability to build positive, lasting relationships and collaborative partnerships
- Ability to partner with business leaders to develop and implement holistic people plans for your assigned client groups
- Demonstrated competence in organizational development, leadership coaching, performance management, and employee relations
- Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity and problem solve complex issues in a rapid, high growth environment
- Ability to influence without authority
- Experience working with managers at various levels and multi-client groups
- Process improvement/excellence
- Leadership development
- Ability and willingness to collaborate with others
- Ability to think strategically and implement ideas/programs tactically
- Deep understanding of HR functions, policies, best practices and employment law
- Excellent verbal and written skills to effectively communicate with employees and leaders at all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to analyze data, understand trends, develop recommendations for action based on the analysis
- Proficient PC skills, with the ability to learn new software
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or other closely related field, or equivalent work or education experience required.
- Experience with complex Employee Relations.
- 7+ years of broad work experience in Human Resources (HR Operations, Talent Acquisition, Organizational Development/Effectiveness, Employee/Labor Relations, etc.,)
- 3+ years HRBP experience supporting complex, multi-site teams
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Human Resources, organizational psychology, leadership, or other related program from an accredited university or college.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP
- 10+ years of broad HR experience
- 5+ years in a strategic HRBP role in a complex environment
- Manufacturing environment preferred
- Startup environment preferred
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Washington Fair Chance Act, Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws.
Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Applicants wishing to receive information on Blue Origin’s Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us at EEOCompliance@blueorigin.com.
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability and 401(k) with up to 5% company match.
Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 14 holidays