We are a mission-driven team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. As part of a passionate and accomplished team of Machinists, you will directly impact the future of space flight and help us make progress towards our mission of building the road to space through reusable rockets. You will also share in the team’s impact on all aspects of aerospace tolerance and materials while setting up and operating mills, lathes and multi-axis machines to produce accurate components enabling first article success on tight tolerance high value parts. Join us in advancing our vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
- Hands on experience in programming and set up of 5 axis mills, multi axis lathes, development of critical machining processes, supporting aerospace, commercial aircraft or any specialized fabrication of close tolerance production hardware.
- Help with the setup new production work areas, including layouts, tooling and equipment setup, etc.
- Direct hands on experience various products utilizing, multiple-axis machining, turning and or grinding centers.
- Interface with area leadership to prioritize work based on production schedule and organizational goals.
- Ensure product quality and conformance to engineering specifications.
- Implement and refine new manufacturing processes.
- Work with engineering to document and standardize production processes.
- Collaborate with engineering to develop production ready manufacturing approach.
- Review work instructions and provide recommended changes where necessary.
- Assist with transition from development to production by working alongside engineering to successfully transition the product.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects for area safety and efficiency.
- Second party verification of manufactured hardware.
- Other duties as assigned or otherwise beneficial to fulfilling the mission and vision.
- Passion for our mission: Millions of people living and working in space!
- 5+ years of CNC and manual machining experience including multi axis machines
- Ability to interpret engineering models, drawings, specifications, written work instructions, and test procedures.
- Extensive experience with Okuma, Fanuc, and other CNC controls.
- Excellent blue print reading skills including GD&T per ASME Y14.5M-1994 standard.
- Ability to work effectively with a strong work ethic and close attention to detail in a fast-paced dynamic team environment with rapidly changing roles and responsibilities.
- Digital proficiency.
- Extremely customer focused with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with teams of diverse skills across large geographic distances.
- A continuous improvement mindset. Our job is never complete; we are always optimizing.
- Work off-shift, extended hours, overtime, and weekends if/when necessary.
- Curiosity for understanding the details of our business and how to optimize it.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills and a proven ability to drive complex projects with minimal oversight.
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Experience machining nickel-based stainless steel alloys, copper, titanium.
- Tooling and fixture design.
- Experience operating heavy lifting equipment such as cranes and forklifts around flight critical hardware.
- Outside processing knowledge (heat treat, plating, coating, EDM, grinding, etc.)
- Ability to work cooperatively with teams of diverse skill levels.
- Experience machining tight tolerance, high value components.
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue’s principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.