Blue Origin was founded with a vision to enable a future where millions of people are living and working in space to benefit Earth. In order to preserve Earth, Blue Origin believes in the need to enable humanity to expand, explore, find new energy and material resources, and move industries that stress Earth into space. Blue Origin believes it has an important role in building a road to space and lowering the cost of getting there. At Blue Origin, we’re working on this today by developing fully reusable launch vehicles and systems that are safe, reliable and affordable. Every launch vehicle is designed for human spaceflight from the beginning and able to ferry payloads to space.
We are a mission-driven team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. As part of a passionate and accomplished team of Process Engineers, you will directly impact the future of space flight and help us make progress towards our mission of building the road to space through reusable rockets. You will also share in the team’s impact on all aspects of process engineering and technology development tasks related to the assembly manufacturing of metallic and composite structures for various spaceflight systems, including process characterization, process qualification and process control supporting design and production operations teams. Join us in advancing our vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
- Design, configuration of portable mechanical equipment for the manufacture/assembly of flight hardware
- Detailed design of jigs, fixtures and tooling equipment to support manufacturing and assembly of structural and/or composite components
- Conceptual and/or detailed design of drilling and assembly tooling in support of large scale assembly
- Develop process plans, generate process controls, setup, test and maintain configuration control of portable mechanical equipment.
- Lead Manufacturing Technology integration, development of processes and procedures for manufacturing
- Oversee equipment applications and provide support to production
- Provide technical guidance and support for implementation of processes
- Active involvement in functional checkouts and commissioning of new technology and equipment
- Maintain and report on activity schedule, budget and technical status
- Coach, mentor and technically assist other engineers
- Identify opportunities for cost savings
- Passion for our mission: Millions of people living and working in space!
- B.S. degree in mechanical engineering with a background in aerospace/aeronautical vehicle ground support equipment development, maintenance, and commissioning
- Experience with design, build and commissioning of process, new manufacturing technology for the assembly and manufacture of aerospace vehicles and components
- Experience in design and manufacturing of portable mechanical hand tooling in support of large-scale assembly
- Experience using CAD and FEA-based analysis software
- Familiar with applicable ASME standards, such as ASME Y14.100, Y14.5, Y14.41
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and handle small and large projects with a diversity of customers
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue’s principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.