Fluid System Engineer (Level II – Level IV)
We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
In this role you will be responsible for leading the design, development, and testing of fluid systems for rockets! You will engage in all levels of the design cycle including conceptual design, requirements definition, thermo-fluid modeling, structural layout and analysis, integration, test and mission support. You will use creative thinking and novel manufacturing solutions to solve complex problems with high pressure, cryogenic, and highly stressed hardware.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and dedication to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
- Design and route fluid subsystems (i.e., pressurization, pneumatics, reaction control).
- Work with fluid components (i.e., solenoid valves, regulators, pressure vessels and instrumentation).
- Work with 3D CAD programs (Creo preferred) and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) programs (ANSYS Preferred).
- Deliver completed designs using best draft practicing per ASME Y14.5 GD&T standards along with clear and well detailed analysis reports.
- Work closely with other groups to ensure your systems work together, resolving issues with calculated risk.
- Following design efforts, you will lead and participate in component and system level testing and data analysis.
- To be successful in this role good project management skills are vital including vendor management, scheduling, and budget tracking.
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in engineering
- Proven experience with spacecraft or launch vehicle fluid system component design or test
- Experience with aircraft, spacecraft, or launch vehicles in the detail design of aerospace or equivalent type fluid systems and components
- Solid understanding of fluid components such as valves, regulators, and fittings
- Knowledge of fabrication, integration processes and quality control relative to tubes/piping and machined components
- Working knowledge of materials and treatments
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Experience with cryogenic helium, hydrogen and oxygen systems
- Experience with hydrazine or hypergolic systems
- Experience with the application and use of welding
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Washington Fair Chance Act, Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws.
Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Applicants wishing to receive information on Blue Origin’s Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us at EEOCompliance@blueorigin.com.
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability and 401(k) with up to 5% company match.
Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 14 holidays
Discretionary bonus programs