Blue Origin was founded with a vision to enable a future where millions of people are living and working in space to benefit Earth. In order to preserve Earth, Blue Origin believes in the need to enable humanity to expand, explore, find new energy and material resources, and move industries that stress Earth into space. Blue Origin believes it has an important role in building a road to space and lowering the cost of getting there. At Blue Origin, we’re working on this today by developing fully reusable launch vehicles and systems that are safe, reliable and affordable. Every launch vehicle is designed for human spaceflight from the beginning and able to ferry payloads to space.
We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team, you will push the boundaries of what’s possible in Operations, Planning and Management as a visionary and hands-on project leader at our West Texas Launch Site. This position requires an experienced manager who can meet exciting goals and schedules in a dynamic environment. This position requires considerable judgment and latitude in performing job duties and is expected to function effectively with minimal supervision. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Assist the Site Director in developing plans, budgets, and schedules for assigned projects
- Direct, Manage and Execute projects to completion, reporting on status, risks, opportunities, variances, and KPIs
- Collaborate with many internal and external stakeholders to define requirements, dependencies, and schedule needs associated with developing solutions for Blue Origin’s business unit needs
- Collaborate Work with engineers, technicians, and business personnel to review, improve and develop processes that support the effective management of site facilities, operations and infrastructure
- Mentor and educate company employees on process improvement
- Direct and facilitate RCA investigations through completion
- Support Site Master Planning to meet near term and 5-year forecasts
- Support the implementation of a CMMS
- Prepare, review and understand contract, procurement and technical documents and requirements.
- Monitor contractor progress and performance, review and approve invoices, and resolve payment and project disputes.
- Negotiate with outside vendors, contractors and consultants; Generate Statements of Work, Requests for Proposals
- Procure pricing from contractors and vendors, ensure accuracy and completeness, and develop should-cost estimates.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
- BS degree in Engineering or similar technical field
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Previous experience leading multi-functional teams
- Knowledge of facilities management, plant management and construction management principles and trades
- Proficient with CMMS tools, Excel, Power Point, Word, Project, Visio, Excel, ACAD, and P6; data driven and strong presentation skill
- Must be able to physically climb multiple flights stairs, withstand prolonged standing, and work in adverse weather conditions
- Exceptional multitasker with a passion for organization and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Previously demonstrated Operational Excellence in site / facility planning and management
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment and to Embrace Team Blue
- Previously demonstrated ability to Deliver Results overcoming challenges and setbacks
- Previously demonstrated Bias for Action; Ability to take calculated risks, identify reversible and irreversible decisions and take action quickly
- Strong verbal, written, and graphic communication skills that help with collaboration across large, cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work effectively at all levels and depths of the organization from performing high touch, hands-on, get it done tasks, to providing strategic direction and planning
To conform to U.S. Government commercial space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3), applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, lawfully admitted for permanent residence into the U.S. (i.e. current green card holder), or lawfully admitted as a refugee or granted asylum under 8 U.S.C. § 1157-1158. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Blue Origin is committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment and advancement of minorities, women, protected veterans, and persons with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and federal executive orders. Applicants who wish to view the available portion of Blue Origin’s Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us at EEOCompliance@blueorigin.com.
- Blue Origin was founded with a vision to enable a future where millions of people are living and working in space to benefit Earth. In order to preserve Earth, Blue Origin believes in the need to enable humanity to expand, explore, find new energy and material resources, and move industries that stress Earth into space. Blue Origin believes it has an important role in building a road to space and lowering the cost of getting there. At Blue Origin, we’re working on this today by developing fully reusable launch vehicles and systems that are safe, reliable and affordable. Every launch vehicle is designed for human spaceflight from the beginning and able to ferry payloads to space.