Blue Origin is empowered by a vision where millions of people are living and working in space. To achieve our vision, we are developing reusable rocket engines and launch vehicles that will dramatically lower the cost of access to space. Driven by our motto, Gradatim Ferociter or “step by step, ferociously,” our incremental approach builds upon each success as we develop ground-breaking spaceflight systems. We don’t just build rockets—we build a culture around methodical innovation and exploration.
As part of a small, passionate, and accomplished team of experts, you will work on the design, development, and maintenance of avionics hardware for various spaceflight systems. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of systems engineering practices, including requirements development, system analysis, design, and verification testing. You will develop, allocate, manage, and verify requirements and interfaces using DOORS and other tools. Your activities may include engagement with design teams in conducting trade studies, specification development, risk and change management, gated reviews, fault analysis, verification and test planning, and configuration and data management. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Lead requirements development, decomposition, analysis, traceability, and verification
- Drive independent requirements-based verification of safety, flight, and mission critical functions
- Coordinate gated design and production reviews (e.g. SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR, SVR)
- Analyze requirements to guide and develop verification strategies
- Mentor, both technically and professionally, other team members
- B.S. Degree in Electrical, Aerospace, or Systems Engineering, or other related disciplines
- 8+ years systems engineering experience – preferably with space or aerospace systems
- Experience in developing independent requirements-based test plans for electronic assemblies
- Experience with one or more requirements management tools (e.g. DOORS, DOORS NG, Jama, Innoslate, Integrity, etc.)
- Technical depth in at least one functional area (e.g. power electronics, command & data handling, flight software, actuator control, RF, Nav, etc.)
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
- 12+ years of systems engineering experience or graduate degree in relevant engineering or other related discipline
- Experience in early lifecycle product development of safety-critical hardware (DAL A/B) in space or aerospace industries
- Experience with industry processes (e.g. NASA Technical Standards, ARP5754, DO-254, DO-178, DO-160)
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue’s principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.