Blue Origin was founded with a vision to enable a future where millions of people are living and working in space to benefit Earth.
We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
As part of a hardworking team engineers, you will have primary responsibility for managing a team of test engineers for integrated testing of fluids and mechanical systems for various New Glenn spaceflight systems. You will be responsible for building and managing a team of talented Test Leads, Test Engineers, and Design Engineers to reliably execute the team charter. Your team will coordinate with all test stakeholders, design tests to satisfy objectives, and execute this testing for initial vehicle in Florida. You will drive efficiency gains in testing activities in order to increase testing throughput while maintaining a high standard of quality and prioritizing the safety of your teammates above all else. You will be accountable for defects present in the test process and drive corrective actions to ensure that they are conclusively addressed. You will share in the team’s impact on manufacturing, testing, and delivering hardware for the New Glenn Launch Vehicle.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
- B.S. degree or higher in Engineering or related technical discipline
- 7-10 years industry experience in launch system, aerospace, or satellite operations testing
- Proven experience and successful track record leading teams and influencing company-level policy and direction.
- Proven experience in motivating other departments within your company to commit to a collaborative effort and delivery on an aggressive schedule.
- Strong work ethic with a high attention to detail and level of organization.
- Strong written, personal, and computer skills. Ability to communicate clearly and appropriately at the executive leadership level and on the shop floor.
- Passion for spaceflight and space exploration.
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and strengthen our culture of inclusion.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- 10+ years industry experience in launch system, aerospace, or satellite operations testing
- Hands-on experience in developing, authoring, and executing integrated tests on flight hardware
- Demonstrated success as a direct manager of a team of at least five individuals.
- Demonstrated technical or management expertise in design, operation, testing, or production of pressurized (up to 6000 psi), cryogenic, actuated, and/or hydraulic systems.
- Strong knowledge of fluid components such as valves, regulators, actuators, servo-valves, and fittings.
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Washington Fair Chance Act, Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws.
Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Applicants wishing to receive information on Blue Origin’s Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us at EEOCompliance@blueorigin.com.
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability and 401(k) with up to 5% company match.
Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 14 holidays