Millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
As part of a hardworking team of diverse technicians and engineers in the Avionics Center of Excellence, you will perform failure analysis investigations on various avionics systems. Expect to share in the team’s impact on all aspects of reliable spaceflight electronics! Your knowledge of electrical and mechanical failure mechanisms will guide your investigations. Your daily work will engage your skills in non-destructive optical and electrical methods for fault isolation. And, by applying your expertise in X-ray microscopy, as well as destructive physical methods, you will pinpoint the root cause of failure. Ultimately, your investigations will be used to drive critical design/process corrective changes. Are you ready to accept the challenge?
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and dedication to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
- 5+ years of failure analysis experience
- Expert in 2D/3D X-ray analysis and optical microscopy
- Good understanding of the underlying mechanical/electrical causes for component or assembly failure
- Proficient measurement skills using typical laboratory electronic test equipment
- Skill in cross sectional analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, mechanical, materials, reliability, or other related engineering field, or physics
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and strengthen our culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Experience with Nikon’s XTV160 X-Ray System
- Familiarity with scanning electron microscopy/energy dispersive x-ray spectroscopy
- General knowledge of printed circuit board fabrication/assembly, and box level interconnect
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Washington Fair Chance Act, Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws.
Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Applicants wishing to receive information on Blue Origin’s Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us at EEOCompliance@blueorigin.com.
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability and 401(k) with up to 5% company match.
Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 14 holidays