Configuration and Data Management Space Systems Development
We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are committed to a culture of safety. This position directly impacts the history of space exploration and requires a commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
This position reports to the Section Manager of the System Architecture Section inside of the Space Systems Development (SSD) business unit. SSD is responsible for all of Blue Origin’s orbital and planetary flight systems, services, and products, and a wide range of concepts, proposals, and development projects for SSD product lines and this position is responsible for the people, processes, and tools that shape the future of Blue Origin.
As part of a team of specialists, technicians, engineers, program managers you are accountable for leading and implementing configuration and data management on various spaceflight systems. This role shares in the team’s impact on all aspects of future space flight ventures that Blue Origin will implement to have millions of people living and working in space. You are expected to apply configuration management principles and practices to ensure systems configuration and data quality across the program lifecycle for all Advanced Development Programs.
This position will lead program specific Change Boards, develop a team of change analysts and change managers, and continuously strive to optimize change management within the business unit. As the team lead you will manage internal and external resources to support the various teams and meet key program milestones. As a leader you will be held accountable to build and implement training and will strive for continuous improvement of tools to increase productivity and quality.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to join our team and positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required. If you’re excited by providing near-term value, solving novel problems, learning about interesting topics, and completing challenging activities, please apply!
- Manage Configuration and Data Management capabilities (people, tools, processes) across the program to ensure system configuration and data quality across the system life cycle
- Manage the ADP Configuration Management Plan and Procedures
- Lead a team of Configuration Managers and Change Analysts to ensure Configuration Management Plan and Procedures are met and compliant.
- Communicate and train the team on proper use of configuration management tools and procedures
- Establishes and maintains a baseline for product requirements and identification
- Develop and implement innovative tools and methodologies that increase productivity and quality of the system’s configuration
- Establish program and process metrics that effectively measure performance of documentation and configuration management processes to support continuous improvement.
- BA/BS in Systems engineering or related field
- Experience with the principles, concepts, and methods of system engineering and configuration management of complex aerospace systems and export control (EAR/ITAR) regulations
- Experience with reading change documentation and drawings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- This role typically has a minimum of 5 years of direct product configuration management experience on aerospace systems or another highly regulated environment.
- Experience developing and managing a diverse set of Configuration Management principles, practices, and programs.
- MS in Systems, Aerospace, software, or industrial engineering or related field
- CMII certification and deep understanding of EIA-649™ Rev. C
- Experience running change control boards for complex aerospace systems
- Experience managing software engineering
- Experience with risk management
- Experience with software tools such as Windchill, Git, Gitlab, DOORS Next Generation, Cameo, MATLAB/Simulink, Confluence, JIRA, Creo.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single desired qualification. At Blue Origin, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Compensation range for on site CO applicants is $86,213-$126,445
Compensation range for on site WA applicants is $94,050-$137,940
Compensation range for on site CA applicants is $94,050-$137,940
Other site ranges may differ
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Washington Fair Chance Act, Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws.
Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Applicants wishing to receive information on Blue Origin’s Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us at EEOCompliance@blueorigin.com.
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability and 401(k) with up to 5% company match.
Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 14 holidays
Discretionary bonus programs