Principal Systems Integration Engineer, New Shepard
We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth!
As part of a hardworking and diverse team of engineers, technicians and specialists, you will work on various spaceflight supporting systems. You will lead assessment and definition of system level solutions for New Shepard including functional definition of capabilities and demonstrating compliance with human flight certification standards. Your activities will span risk management, configuration and data management, integrated test planning, technical performance measurement management, and lifecycle baseline management.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and dedication to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
- Carry out systems engineering activities in accordance with tailored system engineering standards and practices
- Develop, manage and allocate requirements & interfaces
- Manage and execute gated design and operational reviews
- Develop and mature Concept of Operations documents
- Develop, review, and assess verification artifacts (test plans, test reports, analysis reports, inspection reports, etc.)
- Coordinate consistent System Safety products for New Shepard and own system level system safety products
- Ensure all aspects of the system are working across the product lifecycle, including current launch operations and future design increments of New Shepard
- Act as the negotiator between multiple and sometimes conflicting interests in order to make sure the system as a whole is optimized, while ensuring internal and external stakeholders’ needs are being represented
- Develop strategies, approaches for specialty engineering (operability, reliability, maintainability, supportability) integration, analysis and verification
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in engineering or other technical field
- 10+ years system development/integration experience – preferably with aerospace hardware or complicated technical systems
- Knowledge of current systems engineering and integration tools and methodologies
- Good communication skills, ability to work effectively in teams, demonstrated execution and coordination skills
- Team leadership experience
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to our inclusive culture.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Experience with systems engineering tools such as DOORS
- Experience in reliability, maintainability and supportability analysis and execution
- Experience with space launch operational products
- System Safety analysis experience including Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, and Functional Hazard Analysis
- Basic project management skills including labor estimating and schedule management
- Demonstrated configuration management experience
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single desired qualification. At Blue Origin, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Compensation range for on site CO applicants is $153,840-$225,630
Compensation range for on site WA applicants is $162,466-$238,283
Compensation range for on site CA applicants is $162,466-$238,283
Other site ranges may differ
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Washington Fair Chance Act, Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws.
Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Applicants wishing to receive information on Blue Origin’s Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us at EEOCompliance@blueorigin.com.
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability and 401(k) with up to 5% company match.
Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 14 holidays
Discretionary bonus programs