Blue Origin was founded with a vision to enable a future where millions of people are living and working in space to benefit Earth. In order to preserve Earth, Blue Origin believes in the need to enable humanity to expand, explore, find new energy and material resources, and move industries that stress Earth into space. Blue Origin believes it has an important role in building a road to space and lowering the cost of getting there. At Blue Origin, we’re working on this today by developing fully reusable launch vehicles and systems that are safe, reliable and affordable. Every launch vehicle is designed for human spaceflight from the beginning and able to ferry payloads to space.
As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for developing plans, procedures, and equipment for the testing of liquid rocket engine controller hardware. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Plan, execute, and report avionics development, qualification, and acceptance testing
- Design automated test equipment to support verification of avionics requirements
- Use measurement and analysis to determine root causes for failures in avionics testing
- Support analysis of acceptance testing failures conducted by off-site contract manufacturers
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, computer, aerospace engineering or a related field
- 5 or more years of hardware development, integration, systems engineering and/or testing experience.
- Proficiency troubleshooting analog and digital hardware with bench measurement equipment and data acquisition equipment
- Robust practical and analytical understanding of analog electronics, digital electronics, power electronics, and motor control
- Proficiency configuring and troubleshooting test networks
- Proficiency with Python, MATLAB, Linux
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills regarding technical subjects.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Graduate degree in electrical, computer, aerospace engineering or a related field
- Experience planning, executing, and reporting electronics testing
- Experience developing or certifying DO-254 avionics hardware
- Familiarity with sensors including linear variable differential transformers, resistance temperature detectors, thermocouples, pressure transducers, and resolvers
- Experience with C, C++, C#, Rust
- Experience programming, debugging, and troubleshooting devices with microcontrollers
- Experience programming, debugging, and troubleshooting devices with FPGAs
- Experience with git for SW development
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue’s principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.