Blue Origin was founded with a vision to enable a future where millions of people are living and working in space to benefit Earth. In order to preserve Earth, Blue Origin believes in the need to enable humanity to expand, explore, find new energy and material resources, and move industries that stress Earth into space. Blue Origin believes it has an important role in building a road to space and lowering the cost of getting there. At Blue Origin, we’re working on this today by developing fully reusable launch vehicles and systems that are safe, reliable and affordable. Every launch vehicle is designed for human spaceflight from the beginning and able to ferry payloads to space.
As part of a unique and highly skilled team, you’ll participate in the development of the annual budget, 5-Year strategic plan, and monthly forecasts. We are seeking an analytical, creative, and forward-thinking finance analyst to join our FP&A team. This position will drive strategic initiatives to improve the quality and timeliness of insights provided to business leadership.
The individual should possess excellent financial acumen and strong oral, written and interpersonal skills that can thrive in a fast-paced environment. In this hands-on position, you will work to increase the speed, efficiency, and automation of our business finance operations by supporting the timely delivery, quality and transparency of data to support the company’s business decisions. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment towards safe and repeatable space flight.
- Highly skilled collaborator, influencer, and communicator with multiple business partners and stakeholders
- Support all aspects of finance and planning across the company, including the implementation of the monthly business rhythm, processes, procedures and tools
- Develop and implement an integrated business systems tool set to facilitate internal control, planning and reporting.
- Interface with Programs and Business Management teams to develop and refine business financials
- Drive monthly resource forecasts for functional teams
- Partner with functional team leaders to prepare monthly forecasts, Annual Operating Plans, and 5-year strategic plans
- Identify, analyze, and report results of financial performance variances to forecast and budget
- Support key business analytics and key performance indicator generation
- Assist with memo preparation and reporting process for all planning cycles
- Work within the Financial Analysis and Planning team and across the enterprise to prepare reports and perform analysis for various tactical questions
- Passion for Blue Origin’s mission: Millions of people living and working in space!
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline such as Business, Finance or Accounting
- 8+ years’ experience in finance within manufacturing and/or development environment
- Strong knowledge of financial statements and performance metrics
- Experience performing budgets, forecasting, planning, analysis, and reporting
- Extensive experience in implementing an integrated tool set for business operations
- Successful experience working with operations to improve performance, margins, costs, forecasts and returns on investments
- Experience in helping teams meet financial targets and deliver results
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Strong communications skills in technical work environments
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Finance
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue’s principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.