Blue Origin was founded with a vision to enable a future where millions of people are living and working in space to benefit Earth. In order to preserve Earth, Blue Origin believes in the need to enable humanity to expand, explore, find new energy and material resources, and move industries that stress Earth into space. Blue Origin believes it has an important role in building a road to space and lowering the cost of getting there. At Blue Origin, we’re working on this today by developing fully reusable launch vehicles and systems that are safe, reliable and affordable. Every launch vehicle is designed for human spaceflight from the beginning and able to ferry payloads to space.
As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will contribute to aerospace applications of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), supporting the Windchill PLM system and related applications across all phases of launch vehicle system design, development, testing and operations. You will help us implement smart processes that leverage the tool set capabilities and integrate Windchill with home-brew and third-party applications in support of the exciting new Human Landing Systems Program. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Configure Windchill, Object Initialization Rules (OIR’s), Lifecycle and Workflows, Workgroup Manager, and other Windchill related modules.
- Install, upgrade and re-host Windchill and related module software within the server environment.
- Manage Windchill Visualization Services (WVS) and CAD Worker configurations including filters, queues, and recipe files.
- Troubleshoot Windchill technical issues at multiple levels, including installation, deployment, configuration, server side and CAD client side issues.
- Interface both internally and with vendor technical channels on bugs, fixes, and other issues and communicate the resolutions to all users.
- Extract relevant business data from Windchill using Windchill Business Analytics or other reporting strategies.
- Support system administrator tasks as required, including system upgrade test and validation, and end user support.
- Work within a cross-functional team to develop software extensions and interfaces to Windchill functions and data.
- Provide enterprise level technical support for the PLM user base.
- Work with customers/users directly and derive requirements.
- Passion for our mission: Millions of people living and working in space!
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM
- 8+ years of experience as an administrator and/or advanced user of Windchill.
- Experience as an administrator with the major PLM systems – Teamcenter PLM, ENOVIA PLM, Agile, SAP, Windchill, Aras, propel, etc.
- Experience with a Cloud based Infrastructure.
- Experience with AWS Services – SQS/SNS, lambdas, ECS, etc.
- Familiarity with C# and the .NET and .NET Core frameworks.
- Familiarity with an object-oriented structured programming language such as C++, or Java.
- Experience with the REST API.
- Familiarity with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Best Practices.
- Ability to work independently and on a team.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to work with and communicate to a diverse user base.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
- Practical familiarity with Windchill APIs.
- Experience with AWS Infrastructure – EC2, S3, IAM, VPCs, RDS, etc
- Experience with AWS Services – SQS/SNS, lambdas, ECS, etc
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines.
- Working knowledge of Oracle or SQL databases, queries, and query performance tuning.
- Familiarity with Doors/DoorsNG
- Familiarity with ERP systems – SAP, Oracle, etc
- Familiarity with Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes
- Familiarity in engineering and manufacturing industry.
- Ability to write Java for Windchill applications.
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue’s principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.