Millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
- Design, build, and operate ground test infrastructure for screening novel thermal protection system materials in high enthalpy flow
- Conduct research and develop prototypes of novel thermal protection systems for launch and atmospheric entry systems.
- Specify, procure, and operate machinery for applying coatings to ceramic and metallic materials.
- Explore and demonstrate new technologies to dramatically reduce costs, manufacturing lead-time, and improve performance.
- Plan, conduct, and technically direct projects, coordinating the efforts of a small team or contractors as needed. Monitor and report on progress.
- Ph.D. in Engineering, Physics, or related technical discipline, or an M.S. degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in high enthalpy flow facility development and optical flow diagnostics.
- In depth knowledge of high enthalpy flow physics
- Capable of collaborating as a member of a broad interdisciplinary team across a variety of domains
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate technical information clearly and appropriately to at the executive leadership level and on the shop floor.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and strengthen our culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Experience with test planning and execution of thermal protection system environmental tests.
- Experience simulating high enthalpy flows and correlating test conditions to flight conditions
- Aerospace/Launch vehicle experience.
- Experience with safety critical systems.