Millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
As part of a hardworking team of diverse specialists, technicians, and engineers, you will be responsible for test campaigns in support of manufacturing and qualifying flight avionics hardware. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of developing safe and robust avionics for the New Glenn launch vehicle.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
- Develop and execute tests to company environmental and EMI/EMC test standards
- Facilitate performance testing, calibration, environmental testing of avionics hardware per test plans
- Design, build, and validate of automated test systems
- Develop and maintain test standards, collaborate with subsystem partners, designing and developing test equipment or procuring and handling purchased test capital equipment to support test readiness
- Providing support to identify root cause on failures, modify or rework prototype hardware during test and debug cycle
- Capture test result metrics to support continuous improvement
- Facilitate the team in maintaining hardware configuration and traceability to support quality audits
- Facilitate transition of development hardware into production, working with the ISC organization
- Minimum of a B.S. in electrical, computer engineering or related field
- Hands-on experience operating and maintaining test chambers and automated test and measurement instruments
- Sound knowledge of electronics, electrical circuit fundamentals
- Cognizant of EMI/EMC standards, IEC & automotive standards or equivalent
- Familiar with hardware development life cycle
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Passion for hands-on problem solving and avionics integration and test
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team on rapid development programs
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and strengthen our culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Integrated test and operations experience (aircraft, launch vehicles, spacecraft, racing teams)
- Experience being responsible for the development and testing of real-time embedded systems with a focus on modular and extensible architectures combining hardware, firmware and software
- Experience developing hardware to IPC J-STD-0001xS, IPC/WHMA-A-620x-S, and/or NASA-STD-8739.n standards
- Experience with safety-critical systems development (automotive, aerospace, medical, etc.)