Millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
As part of a hardworking team of diverse specialists, you will be responsible for electrical, electronic, and electromechanical (EEE) component selection, pedigree evaluation, component de-rating, part and circuit-level analyses, and environmental impact assessments. Your domain expertise as a Component Engineer will help the team develop and evolve our standards for EEE component testing, screening, and qualification. You will assist our teams to mitigate the cost, performance, and schedule risks by guiding EEE component selection for our flight avionics designs. In this role you will share in the team’s effort to improve the overall performance and reliability of our New Glenn avionics system.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
- Experience with the use of commercial/automotive parts in safety-critical and/or high-reliability applications
- Understanding of electronic material and device physics, reliability, and/or failure analysis
- Ability to vet the Bill of Materials for avionics designs against approved vendor/component parts lists and standards
- Ability to develop and maintain source control documentation for EEE components used in avionics/high-reliability designs
- Ability to travel as the need arises to supplier locations throughout the U.S.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
- Experience acquiring and assessing Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) documentation for automotive parts
- Experience acquiring, evaluating, and explaining Destructive Physical Analysis results, performance screening data, and component qualification artifacts from vendors per EEE Parts Control Plan requirements
- Experience processing non-standard part approval requests, program waiver requests, and discussing and explaining component quality documentation
- 5+ years of experience in component and parts management, avionics hardware development, integration, and test
- 2+ years of exposure to semiconductor design/processing, component screening, accelerated testing, reliability analysis