Blue Origin was founded with a vision to enable a future where millions of people are living and working in space to benefit Earth. In order to preserve Earth, Blue Origin believes in the need to enable humanity to expand, explore, find new energy and material resources, and move industries that stress Earth into space. Blue Origin believes it has an important role in building a road to space and lowering the cost of getting there. At Blue Origin, we’re working on this today by developing fully reusable launch vehicles and systems that are safe, reliable and affordable. Every launch vehicle is designed for human spaceflight from the beginning and able to ferry payloads to space.
As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will design, build, integrate, commission and operate the New Shepard systems integration laboratory systems we use to ensure the correctness and performance of our avionics and electrical ground support equipment (EGSE) for various spaceflight systems. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of the design and its use as a verification tool that tests all the electronic hardware and software for our New Shepard spaceflight systems. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Hire and develop a team of world-class software and hardware simulation experts.
- Lead and manage the team to deliver and maintain real-time simulation environments to meet the evolving New Shepard configurations and mission needs.
- Collaborate in definition of the architecture for real-time simulation environments including the facility requirements, electro-mechanical interfaces, test plans, concept of operations, layouts, use-cases, regression and verification tests.
- Lead requirement definition, design, development, and verification of solutions to electrically simulate sensor and actuator components used on New Shepard vehicles including, hydraulic actuators, motor controllers, solenoids, linear variable differential transducers (LVDTs), GPS antennas, pressure transducers (PTs), thermocouples (TCs), resistive temperature detectors (RTDs), etc.
- Lead requirement definition, design, development, and verification of fault injection solutions for sensors, actuators, communications busses, and other hardware components.
- Lead requirement definition, design, development, and verification hardware simulators for vehicle components such as batteries, cameras, serial devices, CAN devices, etc.
- Lead requirement definition, design, development, and verification of harnessing and hardware interfaces required to integrate simulated components with flight hardware.
- Lead requirement definition, design, development, and verification of multi-domain integrated system tests in the HIL to support flight software qualification and operator training
- Support of existing HIL platforms through the life of the New Shepard vehicles, including block upgrades and end of life updates.
- Participate in formal reviews such as Software Qualification Readiness Review and Flight Readiness Review
- Support the integration of flight avionics hardware, EGSE, operator consoles and analysis tooling necessary to verify the requirements and performance of avionics units under test
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- B.S. degree or higher in electrical engineering, aerospace engineering or related discipline
- 7+ years of experience leading and managing teams and organizations
- 5+ years of experience in integration and development of real-time, closed loop, simulation qualification environments and training systems for complex aerospace engineering systems
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue’s principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.