At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
This new role is based within the Boeing Global Services EASA Modifications Team in Dublin; where we hold EASA and GCAA Part 21J Design Organisation Approval (DOA). This centre has a highly skilled team of engineers that is growing in 2022.
BGS EASA Mods are looking for a multi-skilled Electrical/Avionics Engineer to support the certification of large aircraft modifications to demonstrate compliance with relevant regulatory and customer requirements and procedures defined in the company’s Design Organization Handbook (DOH).
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager and working with the global engineering services team, across multiple time-zones, in order to identify engineering requirements and solutions for active and upcoming aircraft cabin flight deck and cabin interior projects.
- Contribute to design and certification activities to ensure compliance with design requirements, and address certification and design/integration issues relating to electrical /avionic equipment and systems changes as part of large aircraft modification programmes.
- Compile engineering accomplishment documentation and instructions for continued airworthiness including;
- Wiring Diagrams.
- Wire routing installation drawings, and harness fabrication drawings.
- Service Bulletins / accomplishment instructions
- Aircraft and component manual ICA supplements including wiring diagram manuals, system schematic manuals and EWIS assessments.
- Compile certification documents to demonstrate compliance with relevant electrical systems related airworthiness requirements including;
- Electrical load analysis documents
- Test plans and reports
- Compliance Statements
- System Safety, Equipment and EWIS documents
- Compliance checklists
- Certification programmes
- Depending on applicant experience, review documentation produced by other members of staff or by suppliers to provide assurance of successful showing of compliance with relevant customer and regulatory requirements.
- Act as Boeing representative during customer meetings such as ITCM, PDR, CDR and FAI in support of active and up-coming projects. Provide additional on-site support to assist the customers’ during the embodiment phase of the project.
This role will require occasional national and/or international travel to visit customers and subcontractors.
Bachelor’s Degree within Electrical/Avionic or Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering
- An equivalent technical qualification will be considered
- Current or recent employment within the aerospace industry specifically working with an EASA Part 21J Design Organisation (or equivalent) is preferable.
- Able to demonstrate a working knowledge of EASA regulatory and airworthiness requirements including (E)TSO, CS-25, JAR-25 and FAR-25 requirements (relevant to the electrical/avionics discipline).
- Experience of aircraft interior reconfiguration programmes and aircraft electrical/avionics systems is preferable.
- A high level of attention to detail and professional integrity.
- Ability to work on multiple programmes with varying level of requirements efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to prioritise workloads and show flexibility to changing situations / demands.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues and customers to embody the core values of the business: Honesty, Integrity and Transparency.
- Experience navigating OEM data systems for specifications and standards
- A person of integrity who values attributes like trust, honesty and respect.
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment, are willing to share knowledge and wisdom and not afraid to admit limitations.
- You are adaptable and resilient with high expectations and higher aspirations.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award