At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence Australia (BDA) is looking for a talented Data Engineer who is interested in being part of a dynamic team, delivering data analytics solutions to our customers.
Working as part of our BDA Data Analytics team, you will be responsible for designing and developing a suite of data analytics solutions that will enable the Australian Defence Force to more effectively operate, maintain and sustain its platforms.
- Designing and developing efficient and effective data analytics solutions
- Ingesting, transforming and integrating complex, large and disparate data sets, in a batch or streaming context
- Supporting large scale migration efforts of multiple disparate engineering data sources
- Developing reporting solutions to inform program management on progress and KPIs
- Support deployed applications through consultation with users, defect identification/resolution and release management
- Supporting the ongoing solution architecture roadmap, suggesting new technologies and methods to support the efficiency and effectiveness of future analytics solutions
- 5+ years’ experience in data engineering, data migration and/or application development
- Tertiary degree qualification in software engineering or a related technical discipline
- Strong experience and knowledge in developing and working with ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) pipelines
- Experience working with SQL and non-SQL technologies
- Passion for data analytics and understanding of new technologies, models and methods (e.g. Big Data, Machine Learning, Micro services)
- Technical aptitude with the ability and willingness to understand new technologies, systems and infrastructure
- Experience with modern data technologies (e.g. Spark, Kafka, Presto, S3)
- Demonstrated experience with Java, C# and/or Python programming languages
- Experience with CI/CD, dev-ops and containerisation
- Experience developing REST API services and integrating with data providers
- Ability to work independently and within a team across a wide range of tasks and competencies
- Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms and concepts will be desirable
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation’s most important programs for the Australian Defence Force. As a BDA employee, you will join other innovative, ethical people who have the critical skills required to develop and deliver world class capabilities and systems to protect Australia and its national interests. Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and ex-defence personnel are encouraged to apply.
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance
- Salary packaging
- Employee Incentive Program
- Global opportunities
If you are ready to join an innovative industry leader and would like to register your interest in working for Boeing, please click Apply Now.
Please note, this role will be shortlisted in January 2021, we appreciate your patience.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.