SENIOR SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR – MISSION
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
If you want to avoid a go-round in your career and land an exciting and fulfilling position at Boeing in 2023 then please read on. We are recruiting a Senior Systems Administratorfor the Australian Wedgetail Program. This role is located in Newcastle, NSW(RAAF Base Williamtown).
We want to hear from you!
- Passionate for exploring new technology.
- You are curious and a self-starter with a “can-do” attitude.
- Enjoy working in a diverse team.
- You are curious and possess an aptitude for problem solving.
Senior Roles – responsibilities may include:
- Support multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux), and hardware (servers, PC’s, storage and network).
- Install, configure and manage infrastructure including server, network devices and storage.
- Security remediation with network and system patching.
- Fault finding and resolving ad hoc problems to prevent system downtime.
- Development of Engineering and system modification documents.
- Clear and confident communication skills with an ability to build and develop customer relationships.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows 10 and Windows Server 2019.
- Knowledge of PowerShell scripting.
- Knowledge of Automation applications (MDT, SCCM, etc.).
- Experience with system security hardening and Patch Management.
- Experience with RHEL is highly desirable.
- Background in Defence security policies.
- Background in Engineering/Documentation.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, GPOs, etc.
- Knowledge of backup technologies, best practice and configuration.
- Have excellent time management skills as you will need to be able to prioritise workloads and shift focus as necessary.
- Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
- Applicants holding AGSVA Security Clearance highly desirable.
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation’s most important programs for the Australian Defence Force. As a BDA employee, you will join other innovative, ethical people who have the critical skills required to develop and deliver world class capabilities and systems to protect Australia and its national interests. Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance
- Salary packaging
- Employee Incentive Program
- Global opportunities
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and ex-defence personnel are encouraged to apply.
If you are ready to join an innovative industry leader and would like to register your interest in working for Boeing, please click Apply Now.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.