At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence Australia (BDA) is growing and as a result are looking for sub-system architects, including an RF communications systems architect.
The Wedgetail Sub-System Architects will use experience of complex systems integration within a regulated environment to manage a cross program approach to Wedgetail capability delivery. They will create a vision for the integration of emerging requirements through the development of roadmaps for technology insertion for the RAAF AEW&C System.
You will be part of a team engaging collaboratively with senior business, program and technical leaders to achieve outcomes.
The role can be based in either Brisbane, Williamtown or Adelaide.
As the Wedgetail communications systems architect you will have the opportunity to:
- Promote a culture of platform stewardship within the Wedgetail team
- Support change across Boeing’s Wedgetail work-scope to achieve integrated capability delivery and successful Customer outcomes
- Being technical focal for the RF communications subsystems, including integration and coordination with Asset Management and Wedgetail Projects activities.
- Develop communications capability roadmaps which consider known change as well as emerging operational requirements and technologies
- Manage technical integration risks across multiple sources of engineering change
- Bachelor degree in electrical/electronic engineering, or communications systems engineering or similar.
- Communications systems engineering experience.
- Previous experience with the Wedgetail platform or similar.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience in delivering/integrating systems within Aerospace, Defence or complex engineering project environments
- Experience in effecting cultural change within an organisation
- Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exemption. This role is categorised as Group 1 under the Boeing Australia COVID-19 Vaccination and Safety Controls Policy.
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation’s most important programs for the Australian Defence Force. As a BDA employee, you will join other innovative, ethical people who have the critical skills required to develop and deliver world class capabilities and systems to protect Australia and its national interests. Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance
- Salary packaging
- Employee Incentive Program
- Global opportunities
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and ex-defence personnel are encouraged to apply.
If you are ready to join an innovative industry leader and would like to register your interest in working for Boeing, please click Apply Now.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.