At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
We are seeking a talented Mission Assurance Divisional Lead to join the Office of the Chief Engineer. The role is best suited to specialists with systems safety and aviation safety experience.
The role can be based in Adelaide (SA), Brisbane (QLD) or Williamtown (NSW).
- Create, provide oversight and continually improvement a single BDA SMS;
- Lead the activities and initiatives of the Product and Services Safety Team;
- Collaborate with programs to identify, analyse and report on SMS performance;
- Coordinate and conduct SMS reviews for programs to provide assurance of SMS and aviation safety integrity;
- Provide support and input at Product and Services Safety meeting for SMS metrics and aviation safety;
- Lead a team of SMEs not necessarily reporting to the SMS Manager on Programs to ensure implemented SMS;
- Conduct training and development in relation to the BDA SMS;
- Communicate SMS objectives, requirements, training, processes and issues with programs; and
- Promote a common approach to engineering across BDA.
- Tertiary degree qualifications in a relevant technical discipline (i.e. Engineering, Safety and Quality)
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in aviation safety;
- Ability to assess and advise on program SMS development and implementation;
- Demonstrated ability to identify issues, discuss options and recommend solutions.
- Significant experience with aviation safety and system safety;
- Demonstrated ability to manage across varying contract specifications
- Ability to obtain an Australian defence security clearance to the level of Negative Vetting – one
- Meet the United States Government’s nationality requirements for International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- Experience in undertaking Technical Independent Reviews and / or Root Cause Corrective Action processes.
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation’s most important programs for the Australian Defence Force. As a BDA employee, you will join other innovative, ethical people who have the critical skills required to develop and deliver world class capabilities and systems to protect Australia and its national interests. Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and ex-defence personnel are encouraged to apply.
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance
- Salary packaging
- Employee Incentive Program
- Global opportunities
Please note, this role will be shortlisted in January 2021, we appreciate your patience.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.