Your Future is Built Here
About the organisation
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation’s most important programs for the Australian Defence Force.
Boeing Defence Australia’s Aerospace Engineering & Production Capability provides a range of modification, production, repair and continuing airworthiness services to support Defence’s Boeing-managed aircraft fleets and complex communication systems. We work hand-in-hand with our customers to develop and deliver critical capabilities to support their mission now and into the future.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for qualified Electrical and Avionics Engineers. If you are looking to join a team that works on cutting edge aviation platforms that are supported by Boeing Defence Australia, we have part and full time employment opportunities available.
As an Electrical and Avionics Design Engineer within BDA, you will
- Work with customers to develop and document electrical and avionic system requirements
- Analyse and translate requirements into system architecture, interface specifications, wiring design and electrical equipment installation design
- Test and validate designs to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements
- Provide Engineering support for electrical and avionics systems over the product lifecycle
- Hold Tertiary qualifications in either Electrical, Avionics or related tertiary Engineering degree qualification satisfying the requirements for membership with Engineers Australia (MIEAust)
We currently have vacancies in Amberley, Brisbane, Adelaide and Williamtown.
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Participated in engineering activities including design development and engineering investigations relating to aircraft electrical, radar, communications, navigation and electronic warfare subsystem designs
- Previous experience in developing engineering artefacts within the Defence Aviation Safety Regulation (DASR) environment.
What’s on offer?
We are a business that evolves by encouraging our people to grow, so you will bring a mindset, behaviours and skills to improve the business, processes and yourself. This will see you succeed and achieve the organisation’s goals whilst being focused on your own personal development through formal and informal learning.
Boeing values the health and wellbeing of our employees and offer true flexibility including working from home, compressed work weeks, and opportunities for part time arrangements, allowing you to balance your career with what is important to you outside of work. We will celebrate you and your team’s successes and achievements with a formal reward and recognition program.
- Work on cutting edge projects
- Attractive remuneration and annual bonus
- Formal mentoring and training as well as on the job learning
- Access discounts for health insurance, travel and accommodation
- Paid study leave, paid parental leave and Defence leave
- Salary packaging options available
- Health and wellbeing benefits including annual flu vaccinations and Employee Assistance Program
- Join social and community groups
- BDA works with strong links with our global Boeing community and we strongly encourage collaboration with our international counterparts.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and veterans are encouraged to apply.
If you are ready to join an innovative industry leader and would like to register your interest in working for Boeing, please click Apply Now.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.