At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
We are seeking an experienced StationSatellite GroundEngineerto provide engineering direction to technical teams supporting ground station antennas and antenna systems across several site locations. The role can be based in Geraldton or Darwin.
- Provide subject matter expertise in support of the requirements, acquisition, sustainment, upgrade and enhancements of satellite ground station antennas and antenna systems.
- Analyse and interpret satellite ground station antenna system performance against as-commissioned baseline information and develop and evaluate strategies to remediate degradation.
- Interpret and ensure compliance with legislative, policy and regulatory frameworks.
- Consultation with a diverse group of stakeholders (both technical and non-technical).
- Bachelor degree in electrical/electronic engineering, or Telecommunications engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in designing and operating ground based space communications systems including transmit and receiving systems, interference detection and management, space element tracking systems and geospatial analysis.
- Experience in configuring and operating Sustainment functions for satellite earth station systems.
- Knowledge of RF over optical fibre systems including design, implementation and fault finding.
- Knowledge of current RF modulation and detection techniques including AM, FM, PM and CDM along with packet transmission standards, encryption methods and forward error correction methods.
- Familiarisation with standard test equipment such as scalar and vector network analysers, spectrum analysers and noise measurement.
- Familiarity with ACMA and ITU regulations and recommendations, and local environment regulations.
- Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
- Psychological Assessment – To be eligible for employment the preferred applicant will be required to undergo a Psychological Assessment. Psychological assessments are conducted to determine suitability to work in a high security environment and/or to hold a Positive Vetting (PV) security clearance. You must obtain and maintain a PV security clearance to work in designated areas of Defence.
- Security Clearance – The preferred applicant will be required to successfully undergo the security clearance vetting process at a Top Secret Positive Vetting level. The preferred applicant MUST be willing to disclose all relevant and required information and MUST have the ability to verify your background for whole of life i.e. birth to present time. The preferred applicant MUSThave lived in Australia, or have a checkable background, for at least the preceding: the checkable period is ten years OR from 16 years of age, whichever is greater. Important:You must be able to provide background information to the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA), to cover the relevant period of time in line with the required security clearance for this position. More information on the security clearance vetting process is available on the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA) website.
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation’s most important programs for the Australian Defence Force. As a BDA employee, you will join other innovative, ethical people who have the critical skills required to develop and deliver world class capabilities and systems to protect Australia and its national interests. Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance
- Salary packaging
- Employee Incentive Program
- Global opportunities
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exemption. This role is categorised as Group 1 under the Boeing Australia COVID-19 Vaccination and Safety Controls Policy.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and ex-defence personnel are encouraged to apply.
If you are ready to join an innovative industry leader and would like to register your interest in working for Boeing, please click Apply Now.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.