PRINCIPAL PROJECT ENGINEER – GROUND SYSTEMS ARCHITECT
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
We are now recruiting for an Engineering Lead for the Communications and Sensors Systems Integrated Product Team (IPT) of the RAAF Wedgetail Program. The Sensors systems covers the Electronic Warfare and Radar Subsystems of the RAAF Wedgetail Mission System.
As a Sensors Engineering Lead, you will apply your technical leadership across the Sensors systems towards delivery of upgrades and sustainment support. You will lead an excellent team working on the Sensors domain activities. We are looking for someone who is able to lead a team and comfortable interfacing with internal and external stakeholders.
The role can be based in either Brisbane, Williamtown or Adelaide.
- Establish an overarching engineering oversight and governance across the Sensors Subsystems
- Work closely with IPT Leads, Project Managers, Defence Organisations, Tier 1 OEMs and Boeing US to support current and future upgrades
- Management of team execution, through scheduling, status tracking and reporting
- Technical oversight of activities and champion technical elements and harmonisation across sub teams
- Proactive technical risk and opportunity management
- Improve First Time Quality and performance, reducing the overhead and churn of continual re-planning
- Fostering an open collaboration and communication environment within the team and with managers to enhance work efficiency
- Coaching, mentoring and training staff, and identifying skills gaps and training needs
- Vision on growing technical superiority of the IPT
- Bachelor degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, or Communications Systems Engineering or similar with a minimum of 10+ years’ experience
- Prior experience in Defence and/or in one of the following areas: Mission Systems, Communication & Networks, C4ISR, Space, Maritime systems
- A demonstrated ability to lead people and technical teams
- Familiarity with project management techniques
- Strong understanding of lifecycle management and engineering change process
- Excellent communication skills that enable you to influence outcomes within a team environment
- A continuous improvement mindset with a focus on first time quality
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation’s most important programs for the Australian Defence Force. As a BDA employee, you will join other innovative, ethical people who have the critical skills required to develop and deliver world class capabilities and systems to protect Australia and its national interests. Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance
- Salary packaging
- Employee Incentive Program
- Global opportunities
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exemption. This role is categorised as Group X under the Boeing Australia COVID-19 Vaccination and Safety Controls Policy
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and ex-defence personnel are encouraged to apply.
If you are ready to join an innovative industry leader and would like to register your interest in working for Boeing, please click Apply Now.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.