Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation's most important programs for the Australian Defence Force. As a BDA employee, you will join other innovative, ethical people who have the critical skills required to develop and deliver world class capabilities and systems to protect Australia and its national interests. Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of tactical communications and networking by delivering some of the nation’s most important programs for the Australian Defence Force.
Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.
We currently employ more than 2,500 people across 14 sites in Australia and three international locations and have a range of opportunities available as we plan for future growth.
We are seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer to work as part of the team to support the delivery of the next generation Battle Space Communications System to the Australian Defence Force. The role is based in Brisbane.
- Contribute to the development of innovative networking and communications solutions with a focus on cyber security, scalability and performance
- Design, development, integration and test of integrated hardware and software systems
- Tertiary degree with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in engineering or equivalent technical experience in an electronic discipline (desirable)
- Experience within Defence or complex engineering project environments (desirable)
Experience with one or more of the following is desirable:
- Implementation of network security or IP networking protocols
- Development of embedded Linux network appliances
- Linux kernel debugging and kernel development
- Linux media frameworks and tools
- VoIP telephony configuration and integration (experience with Asterisk desirable)
- RoIP configuration and integration (experience with military radios desirable)
- Embedded firmware development for microcontrollers
- Python programming
- C programming
- Penetration/security testing of network appliances
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and ex-defence personnel are encouraged to apply.
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance
- Salary packaging
- Employee Incentive Program
- Global opportunities
How to apply
If you would like to see your career take off click Apply now.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.