SENIOR AIRCRAFT STRUCTURES ENGINEER
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
For more than a decade, Boeing has partnered with the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) to help develop Australia’s F/A-18F Super Hornet fleet into one of the most advanced and formidable multi-role fighters in the world today.
We are seeking an experienced SeniorAircraft Structures Engineerto support an exceptional fleet of air combat and electronic attack aircraft, the F/A-18F Super Hornet and EA-18G Growler.
In your role, you will lead ongoing activities related to the continued integrity of the aircraft structure, which are essential to ensuring airworthiness and safe operation of the F/A-18F and EA-18G fleets.
This role is based in Brisbane with travel to RAAF Base Amberley required.
As a SeniorAircraft Structures Engineeryou will:
- Lead and review structural life documentation and structural health monitoring of the aircraft and recommend maintenance actions.
- Lead Boeing implementation of F/A-18F & EA-18G ASIP requirements in accordance with the respective Aircraft Structural Integrity Management Plan (ASIMP).
- Review and analysis of incoming Structural Life Assessment report and provide recommendations for Australian Defence Force Configuration Role and Environment (CRE).
- Ensure continued airworthiness through structural life assessment (SLA) and structural health monitoring (SHM) of the airframe and provide recommendations for possible maintenance actions.
- Collaborate with United States Navy (USN) counterpart with regards to aircraft structural integrity management, strategy and project status.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A Bachelor Engineering qualification in either Aeronautical, Aerospace, Mechanical or a related tertiary Engineering degree qualification satisfying the requirements for membership with Engineers Australia (RPEQ &/or CPEng desirable).
- Demonstrated 8+ years experience in aircraft structural integrity or aircraft repairs including aircraft structures design, analysis or engineering support to in-service aircraft operations.
- Previous experience in developing engineering artefacts within a regulated aviation environment such as, the Defence Aviation Safety Regulation (DASR) environment or similar (CASA, FAA, EASA, etc.)
- Well-developed communication skills to work collaboratively to a high standard within a multi-discipline team.
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet Defence security requirements.
At BDA, we support a hybrid working arrangement with a combination of working from home and the office.
Boeing Defence Australia (BDA) is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation’s most important programs for the Australian Defence Force. From the seabed to outer space, we have helped shape aerospace and defence innovations in Australia over the past 95 years.
Culture & Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, our employees benefit from flexible working options, global opportunities, salary packaging, performance incentives, study assistance, wellbeing programs and discounts on health insurance, travel and accommodation.
We’re also committed to fostering an environment that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive for every employee, with great opportunities for professional growth. As an equal opportunity employer, female candidates, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and ex-defence personnel are encouraged to apply.
If you are ready to join an innovative industry leader, click Apply Now.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.