At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
About the Organisation
For more than a decade, Boeing has partnered with the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) to help develop Australia’s F/A-18F Super Hornet and EA-18G Growler fleet into one of the most advanced and formidable multi-role fighters in the world today.
Under Boeing’s Air Combat Electronic Attack Sustainment Program (ACEASP), we provide logistics, maintenance, engineering and operational and capability upgrade management services for the RAAF’s F/A-18F Super Hornets and EA-18G Growlers which are operated by No.1 and No. 6 Squadrons at Amberley.
Expression of Interest
We are seeking expressions of Interest from experienced Engineers wanting to join Boeing and continue their engineering career. We have opportunities for Avionics, ASI, Armament, Structures and Mechanical Engineers,at all levels, to support the Air Combat Electronic Attack Sustainment Program (ACEASP). As a skilled Engineer, you will apply your engineering knowledge and experience to provide engineering sustainment services for the aircraft. This will include the management and/or development of sustainment engineering services as required for the full lifecycle of engineering changes.
Roles are to be based at Amberley/Brisbane. Travel to site is required. At BDA, we support a hybrid working arrangement with a combination of working from home and the office.
The type of work you could be doing as an engineer at Boeing could look like:
Avionics Engineers –
- Be responsible for the development, review and/or approval of engineering artefacts for avionics and electrical systems. Typical work includes, requirements and system architecture definition, 2D and 3D modelling of electrical system design, engineering analysis (eg. EMI/EMC, electrical load), and/or supporting work estimates).
- Lead Boeing implementation of F/A-18F & EA-18G ASIP requirements in accordance with the respective Aircraft Structural Integrity Management Plan (ASIMP).
- Undertake engineering and project management related activities to deliver new and upgraded weapons and stores capabilities to impacted platforms.
- Deliver minor and major capability upgrades to the platform from the concept stage to aircraft in service.
- Be responsible for technical leadership of Continuing Airworthiness Management (Part M) engineering activities including design review, assessing engineering changes and engineering investigations, mechanical systems and weight and balance.
- You will hold a Bachelor of Engineering qualification in either Aeronautical, Aerospace, Mechanical or a related tertiary Engineering degree qualification satisfying the requirements for membership with Engineers Australia (RPEQ &/or CPEng desirable).
- Have demonstrated engineering experience particularly in aircraft mechanical and / or electrical systems troubleshooting, repairs or design including engineering support to in-service aircraft operations.
- Must be Australian Citizens to meet Defence security requirements.
To register your interest, please respond to this EOI with a one-page letter and brief CV describing your:
- Engineering experience in program sustainment, development and/or integration,
- Anticipated availability,
- Current security clearance level.
Culture and Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, our employees benefit from flexible working options, global opportunities, salary packaging, performance incentives, study assistance, wellbeing programs and discounts on health insurance, travel and accommodation.
We’re also committed to fostering an environment that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive for every employee, with great opportunities for professional growth. As an equal opportunity employer, female candidates, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and ex-defence personnel are encouraged to apply.
If you are ready to join an innovative industry leader, click Apply Now.
Note: Boeing Australia has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires all new employees to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exemption.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.