At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
As a Senior Systems Engineer you will provide engineering support to the Boeing Defence Australia Wakulda Program. This role can be performed from our Brisbane, Adelaide or Newcastle (RAAF Williamtown) locations.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will be instrumental in leading the requirements analysis and verification activities for an assigned Agile Team in a software centric environment.
The Wakulda System is a world-leading Air Defence C2 System. It is a network-centric ground-based air surveillance and control system, which supports C4ISR capabilities to conduct surveillance and air battlespace management missions. Boeing is responsible for delivering spiral upgrades over the next five years in a fast paced, agile and responsive development and sustainment environment, while maximizing mission availability for the Australian Defence Force. Come and join one of the most innovative programs in BDA, pushing the boundaries on the art of the possible as we transform Australia’s leading air battlespace management system
In time you will have exposure and the ability to work on a number of other exciting programs and projects across the breadth of Boeing Defence Australia.
- Lead System Engineering activities with a focus on requirements management, verification & validation
- Work closely with the Product Owner to ensure that engineering and technical requirements are adequately understood and communicated
- Develop Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) diagrams
- Develop and execute test procedures in a software centric environment
- Track performance metrics and identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Advanced knowledge/experience in systems engineering practices
- Experience in using the Rational Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORS) for requirements management
- Experience in Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) methodologies and practices using Cameo (desirable)
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to engage, influence and negotiate with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and customers
- Knowledge of the Wakulda system is desirable
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet Defence security requirements.
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation’s most important programs for the Australian Defence Force. As a BDA employee, you will join other innovative, ethical people who have the critical skills required to develop and deliver world class capabilities and systems to protect Australia and its national interests. Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and ex-defence personnel are encouraged to apply.
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance
- Salary packaging
- Employee Incentive Program
- Global opportunities
If you are ready to join an innovative industry leader and would like to register your interest in working for Boeing, please click Apply.
Please note, this role will be shortlisted in January 2021, we appreciate your patience.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.