SENIOR AEROSPACE MECHANICAL/STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation’s most important programs for the Australian Defence Force.
Boeing Defence Australia’s Aerospace Engineering & Production Capability provides a range of modification, production, repair and continuing airworthiness services to support Defence’s Boeing-managed aircraft fleets and complex communication systems. We work hand-in-hand with our customers to develop and deliver critical capabilities to support their mission now and into the future.
We now have an exciting opportunity for Aerospace Structures Engineers and Senior Aerospace Structures Engineersto join the Air Combat & Electronic Attack Sustainment Program to work on the Inc-5 Upgrade program.
The Increment 5 project will be the Super Hornet’s biggest change program to date. The Inc-5 upgrade will implement a mid-life upgrade to all of RAAF’s EA-18G Growlers and add new capabilities to all F/A-18F Super Hornets, bringing them in line with US Navy’s latest capability enhancements. This modification program will continue to keep our Super Hornets and Growler fleet at the cutting edge of technology, and will lead onto future Increment projects.
This role is to be based at RAAF Amberley.
As an AerospaceMechanical & Structures Engineer you will:
- Deliver major capability upgrades from the concept stage to introduction to aircraft in service.
- Collaborate with engineers of various disciplines for both design execution, procurement and implementation of platform changes to ensure a quality and safe product are brought into platform service.
- Ensure compliance to airworthiness and Boeing requirements
- Develop modification instructions for integration into the existing aircraft in accordance with the approved Engineering Management System.
- Performs basic and detailed structural analysis (static strength, durability/fatigue and damage tolerance) to determine structural integrity, using classical techniques and Boeing tools.
- Conduct continuing airworthiness management activities including response to customer inquiries, non-conformances & failure investigation, and to show compliance with regulatory requirements.
To be successful in this role you will:
- A Bachelor Engineering qualification in either Aeronautical, Aerospace, Mechanical or a related tertiary Engineering degree qualification satisfying the requirements for membership with Engineers Australia (MIEAust),
- 3+ years’ experience in aviation engineering activities including design development, engineering investigations and issuance of authorised documentation relating to aircraft structure, mechanical and subsystem designs, and
- Previous experience in developing engineering artefacts within a regulated aviation environment such as, the Defence Aviation Safety Regulation (DASR) environment or similar (CASA, FAA, EASA, etc.) will be highly regarded.
- Interested to learning and development, and in stretching your own capabilities.
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet Defence security requirements.
At BDA, we support a hybrid working arrangement with a combination of working from home and the office.
Culture and Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, our employees benefit from flexible working options, global opportunities, salary packaging, performance incentives, study assistance, wellbeing programs and discounts on health insurance, travel and accommodation.
We’re also committed to fostering an environment that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive for every employee, with great opportunities for professional growth. As an equal opportunity employer, female candidates, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and ex-defence personnel are encouraged to apply.
If you don’t meet 100% of the criteria for this role although you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, don’t hesitate to apply.
If you are ready to join an innovative industry leader, click Apply Now.
Note: Boeing Australia has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires all new employees to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exemption.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.