At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
SYSTEMS ENGINEERING AT BOEING
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
As a Lead Narrowband Payload Systems Engineer (Level 4), you will design, develop, and deliver state-of-the-art payload systems for space-based applications for milsatcom and/or national security programs. You will lead a high performance systems engineering team that works with customers on architecture concepts and enabling technologies for advanced Narrowband satellite systems. This is a 1st shift position.
Project assignments typically span the complete program life cycle, from internal trades, concept studies and system definition, to satellite development, launch, and on-orbit operations and test. Candidates will belong to a systems engineering team interacting with customers, suppliers, program management, integration and test engineers, and senior technologists.
- Define and develop satellite systems and payload architectures.
- Lead trade studies.
- Define and verify space payload system requirements and interfaces.
- Lead system-level CONOPS development, functional analysis and decomposition.
- Lead system-level integration and validation.
- Perform analyses and simulations for space payload systems.
- Develop analysis tools using MATLAB and object-oriented software platforms.
- Develop and verify system algorithms that meet functional and performance requirements.
- Perform hardware procurement, design reviews, and unit sell-off.
- Lead system test preparation, execution, troubleshooting, and verification.
- Mentor the program junior systems engineers and review their work for quality.
This position requires an active/current U.S. Security Clearance with successful completion of a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) by the federal government within the last 5 years (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic (Required) Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- 3 or more years of experience with digital payload design, analysis, development, and verification.
- 5 or more years of experience working on Milsatcom narrowband payload systems.
Preferred (Desired) Qualifications
- Experience Matlab/Simulink and C++.
- Experience with digital/RF communications hardware and lab equipment.
- 5+ years of experience in RF, digital, and/or optical communications.
- Experience with the following:
- Digital signal processing (DSP)
- Waveform design
- Antenna theory
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor’s and 9 or more years’ experience, Master’s with 7 or more years’ experience or PhD with 4 or more years’ experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. (Basic relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.)
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.