At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
At the highest level, diversity and inclusion are part of Boeing’s values. Having diverse employees, business partners and community relationships is vital to creating advanced aerospace and defense products and services for our diverse customers around the world. The company’s commitment to diversity means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and engaging, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
The Boeing India Engineering and Technology Center (BIETC) is looking for a highly-motivated Software Engineering Manager. As a Software Engineering Manager, you will be part of the Boeing Avionics team and will lead a team of software engineers. The Software Engineering team will be primarily responsible for developing and managing complex avionics systems.
- Manage a team of software engineers to develop and manage avionics products.
- Decompose aircraft level requirements and/or customer use cases to product line level i.e. equipment/systems software level requirements and establish tracing
- Manages employees performing engineering and technical activities in the area of Avionics Software Engineering
- Develops project or operational plans aligned with department’s objectives.
- Implements plans to ensure business, technical and customer requirements are achieved.
- Assigns authority and responsibilities to employees to execute the plan.
- Reviews plans’ execution, makes appropriate adjustments, and resolves issues.
- Monitors appropriate metrics to ensure performance to plan.
- Forecasts resource needs and makes hiring decisions.
- Coaches, counsels, mentors and provides developmental opportunities and job assignments to enhance employee performance and expand capabilities.
- Ensures employees are working effectively with all development teams.
- Provides on-going developmental feedback.
- Enforces company rules and policies regarding ethical behavior, safety, security, use of company property, time charging, etc.
- Provides technical direction and guidance to team regarding approved processes, tools, technology and skills for own projects or processes.
- Communicates the development processes (including Iterative and Agile) to employees, as well as the role of the software and system engineers in these processes.
- Ensures workgroup products or processes meet customer, company, quality, industry and regulatory requirements.
- Provides approval of workgroup technical approaches, products and processes.
- Partner and engage with internal and external stakeholders, maintain relationships/partnerships with internal customers, peers and partners to develop strategies, goals and objectives that are consistent with the organization’s strategy.
- The position will be pivotal in creating and maintaining relationships with the US-based stakeholders and working closely with those stakeholders in planning and forecasting activities of the team as well as reporting requirements from stakeholders.
- Provide periodic updates to senior management in the form of progress reports, project summaries, and other related documents.
- Must foster an innovative work environment leading to identification of opportunities for improvements in product, process, quality, and productivity.
- Establish Point of contact for the system engineering activities for an equipment.
- Develop and manage software development and verification results. Ensure successful software deliveries.
- Support SRR (Systems Requirements Review), PDR (Preliminary Design Reviews) and CDR (Critical Design Reviews).
- Support Software architecture development through analysis and technical expertise.
- Adopt Model Based Development where applicable.
- Bachelor or Master of Engineering degree and 12 – 16 years of related work experience in Avionics System development, Validation/Verification, Functional Integration and certification.
- Knowledge of DO178 standards
- Systems Thinking – Ability to understand the big picture and the inter-relationships of all positions and activities in the organization, including the impact of changes in one area on another area.
- Ability to see and understand the inter-relationships between components of systems and plans and anticipate future events.
- Analytical Skills – Skill and ability to: collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data; summarize findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources.
- Demonstrated Software Engineering experience with specific involvement in multiple phases of the program life-cycle, including early system design and development.
- Ability to effectively communicate with engineers, executive and senior-level management, and non-engineering support staff to evaluate technical information and issues impacting design, production, and support of products, services, or other deliverables is essential
- 12 – 16 years of experience with at least last 5 years as a people manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required and Master’s degree is preferred.
- A post graduate degree in management would be a plus but not required
- This position offers relocation.
Contingent Upon Program Award
- No, this position is not contingent upon program award
- Full time
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.