Forever New Frontiers
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing India Engineering has an immediate opening for Engineering Manager to lead the Mechanical design & analysis team to support defense & commercial platforms. This is a techno-managerial position that is expected to provide technical leadership and people leadership to the team. This position will also acquire talent and build the team further, motivate, develop and manage employees and provide technical oversight to achieve excellent technical and business outcomes; i.e., provide technical leadership and project management guidance to the team, and lead the implementation of technical approaches, processes and procedures to deliver advanced technical capability that will be matured and transitioned to Boeing stakeholders.
- The ideal candidate will develop and execute business plans, follow policies and procedures and develop organizational and technical strategies. Will acquire resources, provide technical oversight of suppliers and lead process improvements. The ideal candidate will develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports. Will provide oversight and approval of technical approaches, products, and processes. Manage, develop and motivate employees. Will work with cross-functional teams supporting work packages for multiple programs.
- This position will also be responsible for coordinating and communicating regularly with experts in Boeing organizations around the world. The candidate shall provide periodic updates on project progress, quality metrics, project summaries, and other related documents.
- Contribute to productivity improvement through the use of Quality Management systems and lean principles.
- This position supports initiatives of Boeing India organization related to engineering excellence, employee development, customer engagement, etc.
- This position will be located in the Boeing India Engineering and Technology Center, Bangalore, India.
- Knowledge and deep understanding of engineering, aerospace processes and standards for mechanical, electrical design, analysis and manufacturing. Computing & documenting interface loads using classical methods. Strong domain knowledge of FEA/FEM, CAD tools, PDM/PLM and Manufacturing systems.
- Past experience and demonstrated ability to perform FEA/FEM, Stress and System Stress analysis. Skilled in advising and mentoring staff members to meet schedules or resolve technical or operational challenges.
- Past hands-on experience with any of industry-leading FEA/FEM and CAD tools.
- Technical and Project Management skills to lead a diverse team consisting of Boeing personnel and partners to perform engineering design.
- Exceptional engineering & design-focused business judgment. Must be results-driven and have a strong bottom-line orientation.
- Teamwork is important in this position; the individual must have strong teambuilding skills. Must have demonstrated the ability to accomplish results through direct reports, colleagues in other parts of Boeing, and partners, even when they are not direct reports. Ability to work well on virtual teams across multiple time-zones.
- Must be flexible, with a high tolerance for organizational complexity and the ability to work with partners from within Boeing and outside.
- Strategic thinking and execution – must be able to develop comprehensive India intelligence/knowledge, and communicate with Boeing Engineering and Technology organizations, identify capacity/capability to perform current and projected engineering work statement, conduct on-site evaluations, and assessments regarding their ability to perform these activities.
- Communication – strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to prepare comprehensive reports, proposals, Statements of Work. Candidate must be fluent in English and have expertise in using MS Office tools.
- Candidate must be a self-starter with a positive attitude, high ethics, and a track record of working successfully under pressure in a time-constrained environment.
- Must be able to mentor team members and partners to accomplish the project and departmental goals and objectives.
- Bachelor or Master in Engineering (preferably in Mechanical / Aerospace / Production Engineering or equivalent discipline) with 12+ years’ of experience with an aerospace company