At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is the world’s largest (Per Boeing LinkedIn page) aerospace company and a leading provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space, and security systems, and global services. Building on a legacy of over a century of innovation and leadership, Boeing continues to lead the way in technology and innovation, customer delivery, and investment in its people and future growth of aerospace.
In India, Boeing has been a strong partner to the Indian aerospace and defense sectors for more than 75 years. People at Boeing have been supporting mission readiness and modernization of India’s defense forces, and enabling connected, safer, and smarter flying experiences, in the sky, in the seas, and in space.
Technology for today and tomorrow
The Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC) is a 3000+ diverse engineering workforce that contributes to global aerospace growth. Our engineers deliver cutting-edge R&D, innovation, and high-quality engineering work in global markets, and leverage new-age technologies such as AI/ML, IIoT, Cloud, Model-Based Engineering, and Additive Manufacturing, shaping the future of aerospace.
At Boeing, we believe creativity and innovation thrives when every employee is trusted, empowered, and has the flexibility to choose, grow, learn, and explore. We offer variable arrangements depending upon business and customer needs, and professional pursuits that offer greater flexibility in the way our people work. We also believe that collaboration, frequent team engagements, and face-to-face meetings bring diverse perspectives and thoughts – enabling every voice to be heard and every perspective to be respected. No matter where or how our teammates work, we are committed to positively shaping people’s careers and being thoughtful about employee wellbeing.
At Boeing, we are inclusive, diverse, and transformative.
With us, you can create and contribute to what matters most in your career, community, country, and world. Join us in powering the progress of global aerospace.
Boeing Test and Evaluation team is currently looking for Senior Systems Test Engineer to join their team in Bengaluru, KA. Test & Evaluation engineers at Boeing make sure that products at the world’s largest aerospace company continue to meet the highest standards. From quality and reliability, to safety and performance, their expertise is vital to the concept, design and certifications of a wide variety of commercial and military systems.
- Develop and implement comprehensive test strategies and plans for Integration test systems that support electronic system verification testing, software verification testing, and Line Replacement Unit (LRU) integration testing
- Demonstrate expert domain knowledge in any of the avionics systems namely, Flight management System, high-integrity Radio and Communication, SATCOM, Flight Control systems, or other high critically airplane systems.
- Work closely with other electrical, mechanical, software and test engineers to develop test system requirements, hardware and software architectures, test specifications and procedures, and test station validation procedures.
- Perform systematic and comprehensive safety assessments on the test system architecture, integrated design, Hardware/software, support equipment, and installation of the subsystems, and experiments to ensure that relevant safety requirements are met. Leads the SRR, PDR, CDR, MRR, TRR
- Troubleshoot problems reported for during testing by conducting in-depth analysis of the problem, identify root cause of any system anomalies/discrepancies in hardware and/or software and/or test bench and provide solutions/ recommendations.
- Responsible for meeting the Test metrics and Test coverage. Identifying critical system functionalities and designing test cases to cover untested areas of the code. Identifying test prioritization to optimize test coverage.
- Perform risk analysis and identify potential areas of failure in the system. Take steps to align the test scenarios as per risk analysis.
- Continuously improve testing processes and methodologies to optimize testing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Candidate must be a self-starter with a positive attitude, high ethics, and a track record of working successfully under pressure in a time-constrained environment.
- Work collaboratively with very strong teaming skills. Must be willing to work flexible hours (early or late as needed) to interface with Boeing personnel around the world.
- Develop and maintain relationships / partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, and partners to develop collaborative plans and execute on projects.
- Proactively seek information and direction to successfully complete the statement of work.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically more than 13 to 16 years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master 12 to 15 years’ related work experience, etc.).
- Extensive knowledge and experience on test discipline, test strategy, test authoring and review
- Well versed in Hardware-in-loop (HIL) architecture, experience in Plant model creation (preferable). Experience in NI Veristand, MATLAB Simulink is preferable
- Hands on experience and knowledge on test engineering application software such as NI LabVIEW, LabVIEW Real Time and LabVIEW FPGA or similar
- Should be strong in Good knowledge on various types of measurement and test equipment is a must (dimensional, electrical, electronic, thermal, etc). Experience with hardware/software integration is a must.
- Experience with automated test equipment, avionics, aerospace programs is a plus. Knowledge about avionics protocols (A429, A664 – AFDX, Arinc 653)
- Experience or knowledge of RS422/RS232, TCP/IP & Ethernet, UDP and such communication standards, protocols and/or interfaces is desirable
- Contribute in the development, selection, tailoring and deployment of processes, tools and metrics
- Debugging and bug fixes and resolving complex problems by using Test Benches simulations
- Provide new product/lean-process ideas and contribute to deploy them. Experience in managing Software code repositories and Continuous Integration/Deployment is highly desirable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to work with a global team, at flexible hours
- Self-motivated and go-getter attitude
- Must be flexible, with a high tolerance for organizational complexity and ability to work with team members across different cultures and time-zones
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor or Master’s degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, in the field of Instrumentation, Electrical or Electronics.
- Awareness of AS9100 or ISO9001 quality management system and ISO 17025 standard.
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically more than 13 to 16 years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master 12 to 15 years’ related work experience, etc.).
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award