At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Japan is looking for a Business Operations Specialist based out of Japan to perform business operations activities to support enterprise services on behalf of the Boeing Japan Tokyo or Nagoya office and other sites across Japan. This position will assist in the development and execution of plans to solve service delivery problems across business units in Japan and perform other office administrative tasks as required.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, integrate and execute enterprise services for the Tokyo and Nagoya offices and other Japan sites; partnering with Boeing functions and project managing when needed.
- Learn and apply the Boeing Problem Solving Model and other internal process improvement methods to diagnose and solve service delivery problems.
- Support critical business Boeing Japan nofusho payment processes such as corporate, consumption and payroll tax payments. Also facilitate and monitor required contractual operational payments and obligations to various outside vendors, such as office leases and IT services.
- Facilitate, assist and sometimes manage general enterprise service administration as required, including Tokyo office administrative tasks, and leading overall administrative process improvements.
- Assist the Japan Business Operations Manager to control BIES actual operating expenses vs. budget. Analyze non-labor expense variances, partnering with the International Finance analyst and Boeing Japan’s accountants based in Seoul. Support preparation and review of the 5 year Long Range Business Plan (LRBP). Join monthly financial review meeting.
- Support the Nagoya and Tokyo office operations. Assist in improving BIES processes, such as reports used in Boeing functional planning, and operational efficiencies. Develop KPIs to measure performance against quality, schedule and cost targets.
- Assist in internal and external reporting requirements, such as Bank of Japan documentation for certain mandated cross-border transactions.
- Prepare purchase requisitions for procurement and assist indirect supply procurement agents in requirement definitions and Japan vendor identification.
- Perform worksite service visits to support and improve service delivery to Boeing Japan Business units such as Supply Chain and Global Field Operations, and share information regarding enterprise services.
- Act as the temporary BIES Japan leader during extended manager absences and as called for in other situations when required.
- Represent the Japan BIES team in both internal meetings with Boeing business and functional unit leaders, and external meetings as required.
- Support other deliverables and projects as requested by the BIES Japan business operations manager.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in business operations in a dynamic environment including project management, process management, problem definition/solving and managing spending against an annual budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Basic understanding of Japanese government regulatory requirements, including tax and banking requirements and processes that impact business operations in Japan.
- Native written and oral communication skills in Japanese and business level written and oral communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office, especially Excel to create spreadsheets in a business environment and PowerPoint to create decks in English and present effectively.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience at a U.S. multinational company; an English-speaking environment is strongly preferred.
- Possesses critical thinking, strategic thinking and business acumen.
- Flexible and open mindset with an ability to perform in a dynamic international environment with a shifting work statement and priorities. A willingness and desire to take on new tasks that may be outside normal daily operations.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships based on trust and mutual respect.
- Proactive service ownership and problem solving mindset. Ability to partner with process owners to resolve issues, drive continuous improvement and adhere to project and reporting deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with colleagues in English across teams in Japan and other countries in the region.
Employer is not willing to sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 6 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+4 years’ related work experience, 10 years’ related work experience, etc.)
Subject to business conditions and individual performance, this position may be converted to an open ended contract.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is located. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.