Connect, Protect, Explore & Inspire the World through Aerospace
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to be based in either Malaysia, Thailand or VIetnam. This position will be under general direction of the Global Support Center. The engineer will provides fleet support and guidance on aircraft systems to our airline customers to support safety, capacity and efficiency in the aviation industry. The engineer will also provide training workshops to the customer and supports Boeing Products and the Boeing Global Initiatives & able to facilitate discussions in multiple languages.
- Instructor for workshops provided to our airline customers (based on expertise, could be Systems Engineering, specific airplane ATAs such as Flight Control/Thrust Reversers/Landing Gears…, Maintenance Wiring, Drawing, Reliability, etc. Develop training material in area of expertise.
- Provide support to airline customers by resolving or facilitating operational issues, evaluating customer data to improve efficiency or reliability, and supporting Entry into Service programs as required.
- Support special projects using project management skills in a wide range of subjects. Includes the ability to coordinate with various stakeholders and with internal teams in the United States.
- Build and maintain close relationships with airlines; communicate related activities to leadership of local Boeing team, and Boeing internal management.
- Build and maintain close relationships with internal Boeing teams in Indonesia and the United States.
- Able to hold conversations with Airline management and address questions and concerns in a confident manner.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country/ region where the position is located. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience) – Knowledge and Competency Required:
- Wide range of knowledge in aviation, aviation industry, and Boeing products/services
- Good knowledge of the Indonesia aviation industry as a whole, as well as, airline operations
- Good knowledge FAA and Country aviation rules and other industry information (ICAO documents)
- Good industry knowledge and technical aircraft knowledge. Mechanical system or avionic systems is desirable.
- Good command of English and Bahasa (read, write, listen/speak, professional level proficiency)
Travel 25 – 50% of the time
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Problem Solving :Excellent people skills, communication skills, and relationship skills. Coordinate and build relationships with the DGCA, manage special projects with DGCA and coordinate information/issues with internal Boeing organizations.
- Discretion :Work under minimum direction from Manager of Global Support Center.
Time management skills, project management skills.
- Impact:Guides the successful completion of aspects of major programs and may function in a project leadership role. The results of these activities can have significant impact on special projects with the airline customers, Global Initiative team or the DGCA
- Liaison:Represents the organization by providing solutions on difficult technical issues associated with specific projects. Interacts with inter-organization personnel and external customers. Must be able to develop a wide range of external and internal relationships (English and Bahasa).
Typical Education / Experience:
- Engineering Degree and typical experience in aviation industry: Bachelor’s and 7 or more years’ experience preferred, Master’s with 5 or more years’ experience or PhD with 3 or more years’ experience preferred. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study.
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.