Your future is built here.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
AerDate a Boeing company is looking for a Senior Dev Ops Engineer.
The position will be located in Amsterdam, in the Netherlands office. However, due to the current COVID-19 situation, the work is done mainly remotely or in hybrid mode.
Short Description of the role:
Responsible for developing and building IT solutions, DevOps Engineers install and configure solutions, implement reusable components and services, translate technical requirements, assist with all stages of test data, develop interface stubs and simulators, perform script maintenance and updates and work with development teams were needed to complete the full products’ lifecycles.
- Develop and manage CI/CD process for different types of application and automate as many processes as possible.
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software and infrastructure development lifecycle and participate in an agile Scrum team.
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting (e.g., Puppet, Ansible, Azure ARM).
- Manage and support customer environments in datacenter and Microsoft Azure cloud.
- Create, change, review and debug automation code and core services.
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products.
- Document the development and deployment activities.
- Manage the full release process.
- Identify patterns in issues and recommend enhancement to address recurring issues.
- Setting up in-depth knowledge about the Product you’re working on.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
- Proven experience as a DevOps Engineer.
- Experience using system monitoring tools.
- Good understanding of load balancers (e.g. NGINX), DNS, (virtual) networks, and firewalls in both datacenter and cloud environment.
- Automated deployment frameworks.
- Setup monitoring (performance metrics, security metrics, OMS).
- Good knowledge of relational databases (e.g., MSSQL) and knowledge about NoSQL databases.
- Analytical mind with problem-solving attitude.
- Apply the fundamental security design principles.
- Ability to work independently but also work as a team member.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
Must have skillset:
- Great experience with Azure (DevOps) (e.g., IAAS, PAAS, ARM).
- Infrastructure as code (IAC) patterns and principles.
- Bash/PowerShell scripting capabilities.
- Good understanding of REST API principles.
- Understanding of Microservice architecture.
- Understanding of service bus architecture.
- In-depth Knowledge of Helm / Servicemesh / Kubernetes and Docker containerization.
- Good understanding of Azure Container Registry.
- In-depth knowledge of both Linux and Windows.
- Knowledge of service and messaging bus (RabbitMQ).
- Knowledge of Elastic Search
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of MS .NET and C# programming language.
- Knowledge of Redis Cache and Cosmos DB
- Experience with failover/recovery scenarios in Azure
- Technical degree in a related field of study and at least 5 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The opportunity to work with the biggest players in the aviation world.
- Direct influence on the future of aviation
- Working in international teams
Important information regarding this requisition:
- This requisition is for a locally hired position in the Netherlands. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE NETHERLANDS. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOUR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.